GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

tuning of R32

whatyjy

Passed Driver's Ed
Has anyone tuned up R32? Can bi-turbo be put into R32? If so, which campany can do it well? what kind of service that I will lose from the VW company? Thank you! Looking forward for the info.:help: :help: :help:

abngti

Check out HPA motorsports. you're gonna have to pay to play, but from what I read their customer service is second to none.

HPA Motorsports

also there is HGP here in Germany, but most people complain about the lack of communication, but you can still check out their site and see what's going on here. I would think that HPA can provide everything HGP can.

HGP Motorsport

abngti

From what I've heard you can arrange to have HPA pick up your car and take it to their facility if there are no installers in the area who work closely with them or they (HPA) trust.

Best bet is to contact HPA and ask them where the closest authorized installer is located.

HTH :smile:

whatyjy

Passed Driver's Ed
hi abngti have u eve think about tuning your R32? Is it too fast after put Twin-turbo on it for a small car?

g60_corrado_91

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2006 GTI 6MT Pkg 1
If you're asking, then it might be too fast for you. They have single and twin turbo kits for the MkIV R32, ranging from 360 crank hp to 550 crank horsepower. I'm not sure with the FSI VR6, which is almost the same, but I know the 550hp TT R32 was running high 11's in the 1/4 mile, so it's extrememly fast. But that kit is near $30k I'm pretty sure.

http://www.hpamotorsports.com/products_turbo_twin.htm

The other issue you're going to run into is the limitation of the DSG tranny, so you will have to upgrade that as well.

g60_corrado_91

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2006 GTI 6MT Pkg 1
6MT FTW:thumbup:

Nah, I'm not gonna start the tranny debate. Most of us will agree that the R32 should've had either tranny option like the GTI and GLI do.

g60_corrado_91

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2006 GTI 6MT Pkg 1
Well, depends how deep your pockets are and how easily you are satisfied. Are you younger, older? I mean, if you're my age, and I'm 19, you probably don't want to be driving a 350+hp car unless you have tons of self control, because the temptation is always there. You can still get power out of a single turbo, yes. Realistically, I'll bet you could be running low 13's with a single turbo R tuned correctly, maybe even high 12's. But obviously VW's aren't all about the 1/4. The other thing is to make sure your suspension and brakes can handle the extra power. Doesn't do you any good if you can't stop well or take a corner.

g60_corrado_91

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2006 GTI 6MT Pkg 1
Huh? All I can say is do your research before you do anything. Make sure to go to a reputable company (I'd go one that does VAG products specifically). The main concern and why I think HPA doesn't have MkV R turbo products up yet is because of the limiting DSG. You're not going to be able to run the DSG as is with that much power. Maybe they'll have to create a custom clutch pack for it or something.

And I'm just curious, how the hell can you afford an R as well at least $10k in aftermarket stuff (probably more like $20+k w/ labor and everything).