GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Top Gear at Cedar Point?

kirk180

Go Kart Champion
Have you rode on it yet? I ask because you put that you had no idea. As a fellow Ohioan I can honestly say that some people in other states have no idea what there missing when it comes to amusement parks. That place has been voted number one by those coaster enthusiast how many times? Does it still have the most roller coasters in one park in the world? I still usually go every year. I think Millenium Force is a better ride though. That and the Mean Streak.

Rabbit82

Touring Car Newbie
the kingda ka in six flags great adventure in jackson, new jersey is excatly the same but it goes a little faster and i think its taller...0-128 in 3.5 secs its supposelty the fastest and tallest coaster in the world as of now..

here the link to kingda ka with a video from history channel...

http://www.sixflags.com/parks/greatadventure/Rides/KingdaKa.html

i think six flags great adventure in jersey is the best amusment park in the country def the best on the east coast

Last edited:

Scionic

Autocross Newbie
Okay great when are we meeting up at Cedar Point? :-D

Edit: That's Ultimate Thrill Rides. Apparently this was a direct to video that Tiff Needell narrated.

Teknophreak

Rally Car Champion
Scionic said:
Okay great when are we meeting up at Cedar Point? :-D

Edit: That's Ultimate Thrill Rides. Apparently this was a direct to video that Tiff Needell narrated.

Ahhh, I heard his voice and immediately thought of Top Gear.

Teknophreak

Rally Car Champion
kirk180 said:
Have you rode on it yet? I ask because you put that you had no idea. As a fellow Ohioan I can honestly say that some people in other states have no idea what there missing when it comes to amusement parks. That place has been voted number one by those coaster enthusiast how many times? Does it still have the most roller coasters in one park in the world? I still usually go every year. I think Millenium Force is a better ride though. That and the Mean Streak.

Oh yeah, several times. I think my fav is either the Magnum or Raptor. Love the Millenium, too. (c'mon, 90+ mph and 300 feet tall!) The Mean Streak isn't as rough as it used to be, but my 34 yo neck still hurts afterwards.

Teknophreak

Rally Car Champion
Rabbit82 said:
the kingda ka in six flags great adventure in jackson, new jersey is excatly the same but it goes a little faster and i think its taller...0-128 in 3.5 secs its supposelty the fastest and tallest coaster in the world as of now..

i think six flags great adventure in jersey is the best amusment park in the country def the best on the east coast

Yup, they built that a few years after TTD. Same ride really. If you like coasters, do yourself a favor (if you haven't) and make the trip to Cedar Point. Almost always voted top park for coasters.

Rabbit82

Touring Car Newbie
idk six flags great adventure has some sick new rides almost every year...i would rate them ahead of cedar point

Nitro
superman ride (layin on ur chest)
Batman and Robin the chiller
Medusa
BAtman RIde
AMerican Scream machine
El Toro(new for 06)fastest wooden coaster

all sick rides

kirk180

Go Kart Champion
As a matter of fact I just googled searched it and the first site was titled "Cedar Point: The roller coaster capital of the world". Pretty tough to argue those types of facts. I've been to about 3 six flags parks and they did not live up to the expectations of Cedar Point. Search it up.:thumbsup:

Rabbit82

Touring Car Newbie
Six Flags Great Adventure is the best six flags out of all the six flag chains in the country have u been to the one here in jersey???

kirk180

Go Kart Champion
Nope, I must confess that I've never been to that one. I think Cedar Point has more coasters though. That's like one of there bragging points they always mention.

RJS5689

FIA GT Champion
Car(s)
2006 MKV GTI
Rabbit82 said:

Oh i love going there every summer... i took a pic of the sign in front of king da ka.. it read "this ride may not always launch over the top of the hill, it is designed to roll backwards and relaunch"

RJS5689

FIA GT Champion
Car(s)
2006 MKV GTI
Rabbit82 said:
idk six flags great adventure has some sick new rides almost every year...i would rate them ahead of cedar point

Nitro
superman ride (layin on ur chest)
Batman and Robin the chiller
Medusa
BAtman RIde
AMerican Scream machine
El Toro(new for 06)fastest wooden coaster

all sick rides
Nitro is great :)
Superman---- the line is always SO long, but its so good
Medusa a great classic (first roller coaster i rode at six flags)
Batman--- if ur refering to the chiller w/ you are launched and then come back in backwards its sick i love iy
Scream machine... its a million years old and hurts my head lol

Rabbit82

Touring Car Newbie
u cant forget the Orginal Batman ride thats one of my favorites right with nitro and medusa and Batman and Robin the chiller..

Nitro is a little shorter drop then Milliemum Force but the track is longer which makes the ride better then the millieum force thats what i was told..