Bilstein PSS9 GB

Status
Not open for further replies.

EuroShoes

Ready to race!
Car(s)
VW
Hello to everyone in the golfmkv community,

I was looking at buying coilovers myself, and could not decide which company's coilovers I wanted to buy. After much thinking and researching, I decided that Bilstein's PSS9's would make the cut. I know that these are the priciest coilover out there, but the statement "You get what you pay for" truly applies to this product. Bilstein is so confident in the quality of their products, that the PSS9 comes backed with a lifetime aftermarket warranty. I have read and heard nothing but compliments to Bilstein, and how pleased cutomer's are with their products. In fact, I remember reading posts before by the moderator Abtsportsline, where he praises Bilstein and recommends their PSS9 to people looking for coilovers.

So I figured since I have decided to buy these, I would see if anyone else is interested in buying them at a heavily discounted price. After doing some research to see what competitors prices are, I'm pleased to say that I can even beat The TireRack's pricing of $1527+shipping on these. Now, I know this may not be a big deal to you, but for a small business owner like me, it's very difficult to try to compete with the giant's of the after-market industry like The TireRack when it comes to pricing.

These are the pricing figures for each set of Bilstein PSS9 fully adjustable coilovers for the VW MKV GTI/Rabbit/GLI/Jetta and Audi A3.

Retail for these are $2163 a piece,

If we can get 3-5 people interested....
-$1550 shipped anywhere in the United States

6-10 people
-$1500 shipped anywhere in the United States

If you live outside of the U.S., and are interested in this GB, just pm me and I can get you a total with shipping.

-Vince

sunenerin

J.Kang
Car(s)
GTI07
isnt there pss10 already?
anyway, im very interested in..
If I get in this GB, how much time its gonna take?

EuroShoes

Ready to race!
Car(s)
VW
Yes, the PSS10 does exist, but it is not sold in the U.S. I would love to have the PSS10's, but for one more dampening adjustment it's not really worth the extra money. I haven't heard anything about plans for Bilstein to bring the PSS10 to America anytime soon either.

I'm not sure exactly how long it will take, but I can tell you that it won't take very long to find 2 other people who are interested in getting these. If you are a member of a mkv gti club, you can let some of your buds know and see if they would be interested in them.

nectar

crab in my shoemouth
i'd definately be interested. (could i save more if i drove down and said hello? hehe)

i was waiting on the pss-10s, tire rack's supply is listed as "low". i talked to bilstein (america) and asked them if they had any idea when the 10s would be coming over, and they basically said "when we run out of the pss-9s". i didn't get any info on pricing. but i was hoping they'd get them over here by winter.

meat... since you run them (or anyone for that matter) how bad are the adjustment knobs to get to? i really don't think i'd sweat the additional 1 adjustment, but the knobs and finish were supposed to be better.

EuroShoes

Ready to race!
Car(s)
VW
Okay, so this is a list of interested people so far. (For people listed, this isn't written in stone, so if you change your mind just let me know)

1.sunenerin
2.Nectar

All we need is one more person for the first level of pricing! If we can get 6 total then we can cut off even more in the price!

nectar

crab in my shoemouth
are you a sponser on vortex as well? i could always "mention" it over there.

ot, but when are you putting on your "euro" shoes :tongue: i'm close enough i'd drive to see the sexeh-ness

Meat

rack rack 'em
Car(s)
2007 GTI [DSG]
meat... since you run them (or anyone for that matter) how bad are the adjustment knobs to get to? i really don't think i'd sweat the additional 1 adjustment, but the knobs and finish were supposed to be better.

The knobs are no problem to get to. The knobs can be adjusted without removing the wheels or jacking up the car. The rears are easy to reach from either the side or rear and the fronts only require that you turn your wheel to lock so that you can reach your arm behind the wheel and turn the knob to adjust the dampening. Adjusting the height requires you to use the two included wrenches and to do so you must remove your wheels. But you won't need to adjust the height as often (maybe even never) as much as you would want or need to adjust your dampening.

AndorGLI

18 and i'll still take U!
Car(s)
VW MKV GLI
nice price

EuroShoes

Ready to race!
Car(s)
VW
Thanks Andrew, and thanks AndorGLI. There has to be someone interested! Please let your friends and other people who are looking for coilovers know!

Status
Not open for further replies.