GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Autocrossing in the Rain.

uscrew96

Ready to race!
Anyone run one in the Rain? I love mine MKV in the Rain. :thumbup:

Sayemthree

Ready to race!
i would imagine in the rain you get a lot of wheelspin without the lim slip diff. RWD is MUCH more fun in the rain.

Last edited:

uscrew96

Ready to race!
I found with 6M I would turn off the traction control when trying to put the power on and turn it on when braking and turning.

I found with 6M I would turn off the traction control when trying to put the power on and turn it on when braking and turning.

If u have time to do all that pressing of buttons mid autocross run then u are driving too slow. I probably misunderstood what you are trying to say tho.

AndorGLI

18 and i'll still take U!
Car(s)
VW MKV GLI
hahahahahaha u'll be everywher....

CDN_MKV

Wakka Wakka
Car(s)
07 UG GTI
I like autoxing in the rain... here's a vid of some extreme wet autox... it was a team enduro if you're wondering why I did four laps. The local Porsche club invited me out. I ended up with FTD and best time in the enduro by 2.2 seconds. Kicked some serious butt. It wasn't really even a great run but the course was so wet, traction was a little weak and a few of the pylons were out of place from the tsunami's constantly hitting them...

I'm sporting an LSD which helps considerably.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iSfNMIRcdog

And here are a couple pics of the day:

Last edited:

xyouthx

slow ass car
did 2 events in the rain this year, slow...but learned a lot about the car.

CDN_MKV

Wakka Wakka
Car(s)
07 UG GTI
hmmmm- seems to support my orig comment: i would imagine in the rain you get a lot of wheelspin without the lim slip diff.

You don't need rain to get a lot of wheel spin without a diff... the diff easily gained me 1 second on a 50-60s course in the dry... I love it.

Anyone thinking about it should not hesitate... even on the street everyday I make good use of it...

JJ

Supplicium

Autocross Champion