GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

135i turbo coupe driven!! Review inside...

SloppySRT

Taste the Rainbow!
Well, the article says its just as fast as the old M3. Given the choice, I think I'd rather have the old M3. The 135 looks like poo poo.

Taz

Ready to race!
I don't like the Sedona Red color that much so I went with the Alpine White. Like all cars, some colors are more flattering than others. This car is going to a be monster with a chip.

In the hatchback, I like the looks of the GTI better than the BMW. After check out a few different color variations of the coupe, I now like it better than my GTI though the GTI is a very nice looking car. I just have to decide if I'll keep the GTI when I get the 135i or sell it. I think it will come down to if I can fit my kids in the 135i fairly easily or not.

absoluteczech

GolfMKV ADMlN
Car(s)
981 Cayman & GTI SE
i have to semi agree with sloppy as beautiful as the new 135 is i still would go with the e46 body style and the badge of an m3 anyday over a turbo 135

Brewski

Formerly Chris2021
Car(s)
07 GTI pkg1 DSG
I actually like the looks of it apart the wonky trunk spoiler and that wierd body line at the bottom of the door.

Plyngntrffc

FIA GT Newbie
Car(s)
2006 VW GTI
Looks great, will run a low 5 0-60 untuned, and then hit low 4's with a chip and exhaust, this is going to be a beast here as some 335'is are already pushing 385whp and 420wtq with C/I/E

SloppySRT

Taste the Rainbow!
fast in a straight line .... funnnn. :rolleyes:

Any evidence to support those claims? I didn't see any technical numbers in that article. I mean, I know you drive a GTI, which is like, the best handling 3000+lbs FWD car ever on the face of the planet that can beat everything in the twisties, but try to cut the "lesser" vehicles a little bit of slack.

Taz

Ready to race!
Initial test on the 'Ring in Germany have posted some pretty impressive times. This a pretty demanding track. I had read a blurb somewhere that it ran a time there within seconds of the Z4 M coupe which was faster than the current M3 (not the to be released V8 which I haven't seen stats from the 'Ring yet). C&D ran 4.8 0-60 for the 335i, knock off another 200lbs and even a poor driver should be in the high 4's unless he is a real dunce.

Add chip, LSD, exhaust and you have a low 4 second car that can handle the curves as well as it can it goes in a straight line. Won't take much to get this car into the Z06 realm of performance at about half the price. This is shaping up to be the performance bargain of the year if you can call a $35k a bargain.