GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Bone Stock 14.3@95.61

TZSGTI

Ready to race!
Car(s)
Honda Civic Type R
Well i finally took the GTI to the track. I used launch control ESP off. I had an average of 91 oct ( the stupid gas attendent last night put 87 oct in the car. By the time i got to the track i had a little over a half a tank of 87 oct which is about 7.5 gallons. So i bought two gallons of 104 oct at the track so i figured that average's out to 91 oct). Temp was about 60-64 F. Anyway i was spinning of course.

1st run
60' 2.137
330' 6.055
1/8 9.317
mph 75.58
1000' 12.134
1/4 et 14.517
1/4 MPH 94.63

2nd run:
60' 2.136
330' 5.993
1/8 9.203
mph 76.63
1000' 11.986
1/4 ET 14.341
1/4 MPH 95.61

Not bad for the first time :w00t:

What do you guys think? Maybe another time if i have 93 oct with less then a 1/4 tank (about 2/3 tank this time) and maybe a better launch i can knock a tenth or two off the ET? I was thinking maybe 14.1 or 14.2?

SloppySRT

Taste the Rainbow!
Sooo, how are these times better than any other DSG? It should be pretty consistant

MKV Shqiptar

Got the diseeaaassee
Car(s)
hhhhaaaaaa
every gallon of gas is 1 tenth on the time.. get to the track w/ a quarter tank and you'll get better times. and every 100 lbs is also a tenth.

and it really depends on your launch, a set of good times and you'll get a fairly consistent time with the dsg.

mkc7

Passed Driver's Ed
every gallon of gas is 1 tenth on the time.. get to the track w/ a quarter tank and you'll get better times. and every 100 lbs is also a tenth.

and it really depends on your launch, a set of good times and you'll get a fairly consistent time with the dsg.

Umm, i'm sorry, but what?? You think that by eliminating 1 gallon of gasoline(around 8 lbs) that you will run a tenth faster? You are right in saying that every 100 lbs you take off is about 1/10th faster, but last time i checked, a gallon of gas does not weigh 100 lbs.

Mr.evil

car buff.....
Car(s)
87BMW,03GA and 95PRO
that is cool times there dude..........it is all for fun.....

Aguilar

Senior Newbie
Definitely good times. I ran a 14.5 with stage 1, only at the time I didn't have LC and I looked like an ass taking off 2 seconds after the other dude.

I measured the quarter with Ross-Tech's Vag-Com new feature and it seemed to be pretty accurate, ran a 14.4 with LC, but with plenty of wheelspin (35psi on summer tires). Can wait to get home to do some more clutch degrading launches. :p

MKV Shqiptar

Got the diseeaaassee
Car(s)
hhhhaaaaaa
Umm, i'm sorry, but what?? You think that by eliminating 1 gallon of gasoline(around 8 lbs) that you will run a tenth faster? You are right in saying that every 100 lbs you take off is about 1/10th faster, but last time i checked, a gallon of gas does not weigh 100 lbs.

sorry i messed that up lol i just noticed how much sense that doesnt make. but if you run with a quarter tank you'll get a faster time than with a half or more.

mose6161

OUT OF COMMISION
Car(s)
MK5 GTI
For your launch control, did you let go at 3000 rpms, or like 2500? i have found at 3 i don't always get the best launch.