GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Austrialia, Ford Performance Vehicles, WHY AUS, not USA?

Brewski

Formerly Chris2021
Car(s)
07 GTI pkg1 DSG
I grew up on fords so i understand how the business works. Heres the basic idea: FORD OF AMERICA CORPRATE IS FULL OF IDIOTS!

Ford europe is amazing and so is ford australia. FoMoCo America is to stubborn to import the products. Not only that but they pretty muched stopped funding SVT and the car they did do a lot of work on (GT500) they didn't get any credit for! If we had the euro spec Focus ST then i would have bought it over the GTI.

gtiTom

The Average Asian
Car(s)
VW MK5 GTI
I think he meant that Ford in NA has to keep the spirit of having the mustang in their line up. Having other cars such as the commodore or upgraded Focus's could impair... oh fuck it. Ford here sucks balls.... WHY!!!

Plyngntrffc

FIA GT Newbie
Car(s)
2006 VW GTI
exactly...im not saying id love all the FPV vehicles here in the states, or even if theyd sell that great, even though i think they would...get rid of the fusion, or the focus and bring in some of the other choices...

I guess that i dont know as much as the market analysis folks at ford, so im most likely off base...but it really seems that they would have just as much success here than they would there

Brewski

Formerly Chris2021
Car(s)
07 GTI pkg1 DSG
Hopefully the refreshed 09/10 mustang will get the supercharged V8 out of the XKR

Lucidity

Marx
exactly...im not saying id love all the FPV vehicles here in the states, or even if theyd sell that great, even though i think they would...get rid of the fusion, or the focus and bring in some of the other choices...

I guess that i dont know as much as the market analysis folks at ford, so im most likely off base...but it really seems that they would have just as much success here than they would there

Get rid of the Focus.... no they just need to give the US what they promised the Focus MK3. Look at the MK2, it offers close to what the GTI does at a much lower price.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oQM1NUmK3qA

Brewski

Formerly Chris2021
Car(s)
07 GTI pkg1 DSG
We can't get the focus ST because it'll completely cannabolize the sales of the Mustang. I don't see that as being so bad since if we did have it here i would have bought one over the GTI(in a second) and that would have been me giving $20k to ford instead of none...

Oh well hopefully when the facelifted mustang comes around it'll have a new engine and then we can have a legit focus.

Lucidity

Marx
We can't get the focus ST because it'll completely cannabolize the sales of the Mustang. I don't see that as being so bad since if we did have it here i would have bought one over the GTI(in a second) and that would have been me giving $20k to ford instead of none...

Oh well hopefully when the facelifted mustang comes around it'll have a new engine and then we can have a legit focus.

Not true, just at the time it was thought that it would be too costly to bring the Mk2 to the states. The 08 facelift proved to cost more to make in the end. The new CFO or COO said that the MK3 Focus would be global for the 2010 model year though, hopefully he won't make a liar out of himself.

Brewski

Formerly Chris2021
Car(s)
07 GTI pkg1 DSG
No the MK3 is comming, but it sucks. and they could have fit the Volvo I5 in the MK1 easily. I don't see how hard it would have been to bring the MK2 over since its already in mexico.

Lucidity

Marx
No the MK3 is comming, but it sucks. and they could have fit the Volvo I5 in the MK1 easily. I don't see how hard it would have been to bring the MK2 over since its already in mexico.

How do you know it sucks, nobody has seen anything about it yet? And again it was thought that it would of been too expensive to bring the MK2 to the American market. The I5 isn't a drop in and uses a different gearbox, so it would be more expensive then the MK2 to make that work.

Brewski

Formerly Chris2021
Car(s)
07 GTI pkg1 DSG
Isn't the MK3 the new 08 focus there showing everywhere?

EDIT:This one:

08Focus_01.jpg

My opinion still stands, this one sucks. 140hp is weak sauce in todays compact world

Lucidity

Marx
That is still an MK1. It has been re-bodied twice now, but is still on the original chassis that made its debut in 2000. Europe is however on the C1 MK2 chassis at the moment, which the Mazda 3 and Volvo C30 and S40 are on as well. 140 horses doesn't seem like much, but the car is only around 2700 pounds, and turbo's applications for the duratec engine run around 3.5k. Considering you can buy one for like 14k they aren't a bad deal.

Brewski

Formerly Chris2021
Car(s)
07 GTI pkg1 DSG
I never said they were a bad deal, i just don't like the car. I liked the SVT focus back in the day but now there just the most boring cars on the road.