GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Any MKV GTI's in STL??

julito04

I plead the fif.
Car(s)
08 WRX Limited
hey whats up all, I was just posting to see who has an MKV in STL. I know there is a club here already and everything for v dubs but there isnt anything exclusively for MKV GTI's and was wondering if anybody would be down to start one or at least do some meetings and some drives. anyways, let me know if anyone is interested to see what maybe we can do or at least meet. thanx all and take care.

julito04

I plead the fif.
Car(s)
08 WRX Limited
wow, im sad now :frown: lol

jimb

Car(s)
2007 BMP 5 Door GTI
wow, im sad now :frown: lol

Life is way too short to be sad. I'm betting money that I saw you earlier this evening driving through Valley Park. If not, it was a UG GTI just like yours.

As far as drives go, you really need to check out www.stlvw.org. The club has removed the dues requirement to post, so you may want to spend some time on their boards if you are looking for something local. I've only made it to a few of their events, but they seem to be a great bunch of guys (people).

julito04

I plead the fif.
Car(s)
08 WRX Limited
that was you!! your 5dr bmp is a beaut. yea ive gone by one of their meetings once before but they didnt look too excepting when i drove up, they gave some weird as looks and were mumbling stuff but then again they could be the most awesome bunch ever. after i got the looks i didnt really feel welcomed but now that i know there are more MKV's running around, i might have to make a long stop by. do you live around VP or west co area?

jimb

Car(s)
2007 BMP 5 Door GTI
that was you!! your 5dr bmp is a beaut. yea ive gone by one of their meetings once before but they didnt look too excepting when i drove up, they gave some weird as looks and were mumbling stuff but then again they could be the most awesome bunch ever. after i got the looks i didnt really feel welcomed but now that i know there are more MKV's running around, i might have to make a long stop by. do you live around VP or west co area?

My take on the local club is that there is a core group of guys that drive Mk IV V-Dubs. There are a few guys that drive older VW's and just a couple that drive Mk V's. The guys seem to be slowly moving towards the new models, but not that quickly. Other than the core members, the rest of the group comes and goes.

I have never felt unwelcome, but I am older than most of the regular members. As such, my priorities are different and I am not able to make it to many of their meetings.

Just remember that the group has been getting together for 5 or 6 years, so they have some history with each other. It will probably take a while to become one of the guys, but show up and talk to the guys. Ask them about their cars, and they will have a lot to say. This normally leads to them asking about your car and next thing you know you are having a conversation.

BTW, I live in unincorporated Southwest St. Louis County and was trying to take a shortcut through VP.

muskaroxs

Drag Racing Champion
I guess I make #3 from st.louis! Never made it to one of the stlvw meetings yet. maybe us three should go some time. I'm guessing everyone has gone through reid vann for re-maps and such?
-chris

julito04

I plead the fif.
Car(s)
08 WRX Limited
i went through reid vann, nice guys and great service. im running the apr 93 stage 1 and love it. we should most def all 3 of us go up there one night and see there reaction. ive passed by there and they were mostly mkIV, like R32 and such. i think they would be surprised and excited to see us all roll in at the same time lol

sodaman

DBP #912 R32 W/DSG
Car(s)
2008 blue r32 #912
Hey there all, stl gti mkv here. Just bought it last week. Love it. I am looking into chipping etc. How much was the 93 tune from apr at reid vann etc. What was your total. just trying to get prepared. It seems these gti's are down tuned quite a bit from the factory. I also need some vagcom changes. Do they do that as well. I havent bought a cable yet to do it. have a great one all. see ya and a happy new year.

julito04

I plead the fif.
Car(s)
08 WRX Limited
depending on when ya get it, APR usually has deals. right now if you get it i think its full price and will be like $700 with 93 and 91 flash, with cruis control stalk option to turn the chip on or off.

carchrism5

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
GTI
R32 in stl, where are the rest
I heard about stlvw.com and would go but i need someone to go with so i dont have to stand in the corner and talk to myself. let's make a MKV group and go overrun the meeting, haha
but really, you guys up for going next weekend, like Feb 9th?

sodaman

DBP #912 R32 W/DSG
Car(s)
2008 blue r32 #912
Well just got the vag com cable. 704.1 software. Got the drl's changed to foglights. Activated the windows and sunroof by remote option. What other fun stuff can I change?

Last edited:

julito04

I plead the fif.
Car(s)
08 WRX Limited
I don't know what else you could do, but could you do my windows and drls please! theres a case of beer of your choice in it for ya!

p.s. look in dpham sig, im pretty sure he's got a VAG com list of what you can do and how.