GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Pontiac Solstice

trick000

FIA World Rally Car Champion
I think this roadster looks hot. Shops have been selling LS1 engine swap kits for it for around $12.5k. $20k+12.5k=$32.5k for one bad ass roadster! What do you guys think?

JoeyGTI

Touring Car Champion
It is nice along with the Saturn SKY, but I like the extra room and versatility of the GTI. Not to mention I really think the fit & finish is soooo much better on the GTI !

Wild Hare

.: MR. BIG STUFF :.
Car(s)
2015 Golf R (TUNED)
A little bit more and get a Z06!

Wild Hare

Car(s)
2015 Golf R (TUNED)
:barf:
smp85 said:
why buy those crappy GM roadsters when you can get the MX-5? just my .02

Rabbit GTI

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
a GTI.
^ what's wrong with the MX-5??? the GM's are just "copy cats" of the mazda, right? (getting you back with your own words, eh? lol)

Rabbit GTI

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
a GTI.
johnny12345 said:
Pontiac Solstice!!!!!!! R u kiddin me, this is GTI site, not a site about north american crap.

in defense of the dude that started the thread...it is "off topic/other cars/everything else"...i believe that this is the correct category.

Wild Hare

Car(s)
2015 Golf R (TUNED)
smp85 said:
^ what's wrong with the MX-5??? the GM's are just "copy cats" of the mazda, right? (getting you back with your own words, eh? lol)
The inside sounds like a tin can and resonates. Has never had a top of the line motor. The engines have always been anemic. Not till you turbo them do they fly. Nice platform but no engine IMHO.

Rabbit GTI

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
a GTI.
Wild Hare said:
The inside sounds like a tin can and resonates. Has never had a top of the line motor. The engines have always been anemic. Not till you turbo them do they fly. Nice platform but no engine IMHO.

true, but they were never meant for performance, niether the base solstice or sky. the new MX-5's engine is pretty nice, i think something like 170 bhp, not bad for a roadster...

i'd sure take that as a weekend car to drive down the shore :thumbup:

Wild Hare

Car(s)
2015 Golf R (TUNED)
Mazda messed up... should have placed the wankel in it and sales would have gone crazy!!!

Rabbit GTI

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
a GTI.
Wild Hare said:
Mazda messed up... should have placed the wankel in it and sales would have gone crazy!!!

you'd think so, but i have to respectfully disagree. the miata/ MX-5 has been the poor-man's sports car ever since it first came out. slapping a wankel in there would be great (although extremely inefficient and oil-thirsty), but i think it would lose some of it's lure among the customer base it has, because you sure as hell don't see many people that can afford Z4's or boxsters buying miatas, they are buying Z4's and boxsters. if you put a wankel in, the price skyrockets and then the car is just a soft top RX-8.

Wild Hare

Car(s)
2015 Golf R (TUNED)
smp85 said:
you'd think so, but i have to respectfully disagree. the miata/ MX-5 has been the poor-man's sports car ever since it first came out. slapping a wankel in there would be great (although extremely inefficient and oil-thirsty), but i think it would lose some of it's lure among the customer base it has, because you sure as hell don't see many people that can afford Z4's or boxsters buying miatas, they are buying Z4's and boxsters. if you put a wankel in, the price skyrockets and then the car is just a soft top RX-8.

Good point. Weekend coast line cruizer it is.

Rabbit GTI

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
a GTI.
oh yeah...i'm sorry for turning this thread into a mazda thread...so carry on with the pontiac stuff, if anyone wants to :wink: