GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Telephone Preparation Kit

2Spud

As an optional extra I ordered the multifunction steering wheel on my Mkv GTI but what the salesman failed to tell me is that i would have had to of ordered the telephone preparation kit when the car was being manufactured in order for me to use the telephone button on the steering wheel. I was talking to the parts department where i bought the car and i was told that it's not possible at this stage to instal the kit and that i wont be able to use the phone function on the wheel. does anyone know of a way or a kit i can get to allow me to use the phone function before it drives me completly of the wall looking at a button that will do nothing

cmdrfire

FIA World Rally Car Champion
The telephone prep kit is near-useless anyway, I have it, you have to buy an expensive cradle for the phone you want to use and you can't really make outgoing calls.
There is an OEM Bluetooth kit for the Golf to be released shortly that is a bit expensive (couple hundred quid) but can be fitted on, that should be compatible with the telephone button. I'm going to have it installed when available, I will let you know my thoughts on it.

2Spud

the telephone prep kit cant be done as a retrofit so volkswagen told me today so i would interested to know how you get on with the kit from OEM.

2Spud

Yeah I did read it, I was simply saying in my post that it cant be done as retrofit so therefore I wont be getting it, thats why I am interested to see how you get on with the OEM kit.