GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Atlanta tuner?

lifelong

I keep reading that many people recommend that when choosing a chip from among the big 3, to just choose whichever dealer is closest to me. Well, which dealer is the best out of the three that are closest to me. I'm in Atlanta, and there is Kinectic Speed Shop (Revo), Eurotech Atl (GIAC), J3 Motorsports (APR) and I guess APR itself is about 1-2 hours away. I live in Buckhead, so all are for the most part close by. I work somewhat close to Eurotech, but can anyone relate their experiences with any of these shops?

Revo is now based in ATL. Although they do not typically do tunes at headquarters.

GTI6120

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2008 GTI, 08 A3
I keep reading that many people recommend that when choosing a chip from among the big 3, to just choose whichever dealer is closest to me. Well, which dealer is the best out of the three that are closest to me. I'm in Atlanta, and there is Kinectic Speed Shop (Revo), Eurotech Atl (GIAC), J3 Motorsports (APR) and I guess APR itself is about 1-2 hours away. I live in Buckhead, so all are for the most part close by. I work somewhat close to Eurotech, but can anyone relate their experiences with any of these shops?

I called J3 Motorsports and they do the apr chip. I also want them to do the downpipe and catback. They charge 85/hr. I am going straight to stage 2.

GTI6120

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2008 GTI, 08 A3
cool man, what version did you get and what did they charge to install? Also how long did it take? I called on Monday to make an appointment but the person I spoke to said that Blair wasn't around and he would give him the message but no-one has called me back as yet.

Track_Guy

Passed Driver's Ed
cool man, what version did you get and what did they charge to install? Also how long did it take? I called on Monday to make an appointment but the person I spoke to said that Blair wasn't around and he would give him the message but no-one has called me back as yet.

Yeah, I noticed that also. Just keep calling back until you reach him. They charge 1/2 hour labor -- about $42 bucks I think. Everything else was price APR publishes. I elected to get 93 octane, Stock setting, and security so I can switch in between as necessary. Actual flash was only about 10 minutes but there's some small pre-work and clean-up after the update.

GTI6120

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2008 GTI, 08 A3
I made an appointment with Blair to install my TBE and Apr stage 2 this friday. I cant wait, I am also getting 93 and stock, maybe security. He quoted me 2 hrs labor.