GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

South Florida - Officer Jose Somohano Charity Cruise

mog3618

Ready to race!
This event is to benefit the family of Jose Somohano who was recently killed while on duty.

This event was discussed last Thursday at our meeting, and people showed a lot of interest. Of course this is open to discussion, I want to get as many ideas as possible, but here is what we have come up with:

* Cruise should be a $20 buy-in per car.
* Ruben is pulling together a proposal to present to MDPD
* I would like to collect the money ahead of time 1 week before the cruise.
* I personally think this should not just be an SSP thing, should we try to poll other clubs/sites for cars/donations?
* Eddie thought we should get businesses to sponsor us, he is going to talk with his dad on this one, anyone else with contacts that can help out?
* The cruise path should originate in Cutler where the crime occured and end in Broward. Maybe in some local park?
* If we can get it catered maybe a BBQ at the final location? If not we could meet up at a restaruant and have lunch?
* I would like to get a minimum of 30 car to commit before we have this cruise, does it sound possible?
*Finally all proceeds will go to the family of Jose Somohano, I would like to see if any of his immediate family members would like to ride on with us.

Alright guys, so post up and lets make this happen!

http://speedstyleandperformance.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=551

zex021

Ready to race!
Car(s)
'08 BM GLI 6MT
sounds like a good deal....any ideas of when cause my schedule is tight but i would put a few miles in for this