GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Regal Autosports RSS 350 MkV GTI Demo Car

Chungster

Went for a spin in this today. OMG I can't wait to get it done on my car :biggrin:

The RSS 350 is basically the VF Engineering / GIAC Big Turbo kit for the latest GTI with the 2.0 TFSI engine.

The turbo used can either be Garrett GT2860RS (Disco Potato) or the Garrett GT2871R. In RSS form, it will run at 1.4bar boost as internals will be kept as standard.

The kit itself comes with Induction kit, Turbo, Cast Exhaust Manifold, Recirculating Dump Valve (Vacuum operated), uprated OEM fuel pump (Hitachi), uprated OEM FSI Fuel Injectors, and all the necessary connecting pipes/gaskets/bolts/nuts/washers/clips etc. Oh and not forgetting a GIAC remap. The flashloaded gizmo which allows you to switch between programs can be purchased at extra cost. 350bhp/340lbft of torque is the result.

If you go for the GT2871R turbo, you can upgrade to the RSR spec without the need to change the turbo. This will include new forged connecting rods and pistons to cope with the 400+bhp the RSR map will produce. Obviously if you want to do this you may want to add a LSD/uprated Clutch and flywheel into the bargain and maybe uprated brakes and Intercooler too.

I was taken for a spin in this today and I tell you it is bloody fast! I thought the pick up in the top gears of my completely standard GTI was good, but the RSS kit makes it seem like it was in 3rd such was the response. Despite being a bigger turbo, there is no real lag. 19psi/1.4bar of boost comes on just after 3k rpm. The torque curve is flat also...peaking at around 4.5k rpm with max power at 6.5k rpm. The main difference is that this conversion will give u 250+lb/ft of torque all the way from 3k rpm to 6krpm - unlike a stage 1 remap whereby you will get a quick "hit" at 3k rpm and then the torque tails off rather fast as the K03s runs out of steam. The GT2871R keeps going till way past 6k rpm.

Any one interested..check out Regal's website at www.vag-tuner.com

:thumbup:

Last edited:

cmdrfire

FIA World Rally Car Champion
Awesome stuff man! I'm aware of Regal Autosport, and have been following the development of their race GTI... I've also been tempted to upgrade my Carbonio to the Dbilas intake, but am sorting out my exhaust.
The package you've got yourself definitely seems like an excellent one, and Regal's GTI has started to see some victories on the race circuit (plus their credentials in the tuning scene are rock-solid). When do you think you're going to get this all done? You've got to take me for a ride around a circuit once she's all ready!

Congratulations and all the best for the install :)

Chungster

I'm gonna go to Rockingham for the final rounds of the VW Racing Cup 2007. Wanna come along? It's 29/30 September.

yeah they've been testing the dbilas intake. not sure what chris makes of it tho. he's also told me not to bother with a few things..and use it towards the fuel bill instead LOL

Nobber

VAG Junkie
Car(s)
Leon R & Golf GTi
Looks awesome Lee, bet you cant wait!! Regal are the guys down in southampton right? They used to be primarly Vauxhall tuners from my experience of them. Have they branched out now?

Chungster

That's right Nobber. Chris has a Astra VXR demo with 380bhp too but we didn't go out in that lol.

I'm not sure when they started to diversify into the VAG sector but I know they've been a name in Vauxhalls for many years. I've been very impressed with them so far and as I don't like APR who are also soon to release a BT kit I'll be sending my car to Regal in the next few months when the kit is officially released to the public.

Chungster

Exactly Neo..it holds a good wedge of Torque (260+lb/ft) from 3k rpm to past 6.5k rpm! Now that is mega useful lol.

They compared it for me with a stage 1 dyno plot. That drops off from a peak of 280lb/ft at 3k rpm to less than 220lb/ft by 6k rpm.