GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

XM Problem - Only 4 Channels

PoolShark5

Passed Driver's Ed
I just activated my XM Radio 90-day trial, but I can only tune to channels 0, 1, 174, and 247. (Turning the tuning knob, it only goes to those channels.) I have called XM multiple times, refreshed my signal twice, and waited on hold FOREVER. Man, their customer service is awful.

Anybody else have a similar problem, and, do you know how to fix it?

alf

Modwhoreator
Car(s)
2006 TR GTI
umm. i called and said the dealership just gave me the car, and they gave me the automatic 90 day FULL trial.

MHS216

Anchors Aweigh
Car(s)
UG GTI 2006
It seems that maybe there is an issue with activating the trial. I just had the same issue with Sirius, but after calling them and activating, I was jamming to lots of channels.

Before activation you would only get a sample of channels. This is what leads me to believe that something isn't activating properly.

A solution....now that is a good question isn't it. Seems like you have tried a couple different options. I'm assuming the dealer would just tell you to call XM, and XM would tell you to talk to VW. I hope you are able to sort this out. Let us know what happens.

LivEToDrivE

FIA World Rally Car Newbie
Car(s)
GTI
When you purchase the car, your in a demo mode, your access will still be free for 3 months, but you have to go through XM/Sirius anyways, with a credit card number to activate the full free trial.