GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Misfiring mornings - Please Help!!!

elcampnou

Hi guys,

Wonder if any of you out there can help me, since the VW dealers can't find a problem....

My 55 plate 1.6 SE FSi has started misfiring, but only on a morning?....

When I get in it after working all day it's fine, but every morning - guaranteed! - it misfires, once i get to 2000 revs then the engine malfunction light starts flashing.

I've had it to 2 different VW garages & neither of them say they can find anything wrong...

I need this problem sorting before my warranty runs out, but what can i do if the proffessionals can't find the problem? :thumbdown:

I had a similar problem on my last car, which turned out to be the coil pack. A week after having that replaced the engine light came on again - I needed a new catallic convertor fitting - as a result of driving whilst it was misfiring!

I mentioned this to them, but they claim to have checked for that & everything appears fine.....

Thanks in advance guys....

cmdrfire

FIA World Rally Car Champion
Errr, sounds like a coil pack or a fouled plug getting up to operating temperature. The VW guys can't find any problems? That sounds like a load of BS, as if the CEL comes on (does the EPC light come on as well?) then instantly a code is logged that is readable via VAG-COM.
Take your car in, and make them give you the error code. Then insist that they fix it based on whatever the error code is.
It definitely sounds like a malfed coil pack or plug, that's for sure, but I've just recently found out that e-diagnosis doesn't get too far at all sometimes :p

07mkvgti

Rally Car Newbie
Car(s)
06 GTi
if the EPC and CEL are on at the same time, could it mean a bad coil pack, i have that now and everything is running fine.