GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

vs. Eagle Talon TSi

Brewski

Formerly Chris2021
Car(s)
07 GTI pkg1 DSG
So I was merging on to I-205 going north on my way to the left lane when i notice a car with HIDs coming up to me quick. I notice the eclipse front end and wonder if he wants to play. I get into the left lane in front of him and he immediatly changes into the right lane looking to pass but he's blocked off by a truck. He goes back behind me and and pulls next to me after we pass the truck. We make eye contact and stay even for a bit. He points foreward looks over asking for a race so i give him the thumbs up. I shift down into S-mode(because im lazy). He counts down 3-2-1 with his hand and we go off. We stay fairly even up until about 110(I was watching the road not the guages) but eventually he pulled away. I slowed down and caught up in a bit and gave him the thumbs up, He waved back and i got off on my exit.

I knew those TSIs were fairly quick but i didnt think he would keep. From what i saw he had at least an exhaust and prolly some other mods. Oh wellz

StreetSpeed2000

Passed Driver's Ed
Are you stock? GST/TSI are good for a mid 14 all day long stock. Couple grand in your in the 12s.

SloppySRT

Taste the Rainbow!
Back in highschool I barely pulled on this buddy of mine with a TSI when my SRT was stock.

gtirevo33

Ready to race!
Car(s)
MKV
awd beater, i wouldnt race one cause its a true sleeper just like a vr4 galant from 1989. race that it has the same engine the evo has and is awd lol

SpoonFed

Krush
Car(s)
2007 GTI MkV
hahah let me tell you guys a thing or two about TSI's. in a different post. i did in fact say that those are the one cars i do stay away from. my sisters ex boyfrined had a full bolt on TSI with a local shop performance tune....still has stock turbo. that car is an 11 second car. of course its gutted...but wow. and the clutch on that son of a bitch i think it was an AT1....holy hell was that a work out sitting in traffic. you wanted to kill yourself.

TSi= Extreme sleeper's=no joke. i pick and choose my battles. and thats one battle i dont fight.

danger dan

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
gti
my friend bought a tsi for 3 grand, threw a tbe, fuel accesories and some other assorted bolt ons and walked my chipped mkv, then soon after the car got crank walk and its been sitting in his garage for like 6 months.

julito04

I plead the fif.
Car(s)
08 WRX Limited
yea.. here in st. louis, thats "the car" to mod the shit out of. See tons of em here and I bet everywhere else too lol. They can most def be made really quick really easily.

StreetSpeed2000

Passed Driver's Ed
Everytime I go to the track one of the fastest dudes there is a 2nd gen GSX shitbox, running high 9s. Just absurd.

Rev2Ten-K

Banned
Those car's are old school Evo's IMO...Well kinda...They just take to bolt-on so well. I raced this one a few years ago in my S..And like the OP said, I was surprised he was like right next to me. Don't sleep on them.

Here's that eclipse. He was on 19 pounds, on his stock turbo..Not the best video

http://videos.streetfire.net/video/35ef21c4-5310-499e-9700-98b40180d33b.htm

Wild Hare

.: MR. BIG STUFF :.
Car(s)
2015 Golf R (TUNED)
Eagle Talon had to be one of the dumbest looking cars... yet had guts (somewhere). Oil puffer too.