GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

GIAC/VF Enginneering RSS Demo Car Now at AutoDreams

Ooo, BT.

Plyngntrffc

FIA GT Newbie
Car(s)
2006 VW GTI
313hp and 281 tq for over 5 grand for the kit alone???sorry but that just seems idk...figure at least 1500 for install, 7 thousand dollars for 100hp over a chip? and those figures include an exhaust correct, so thats another thousand plus install, i guess it seems right but i thought i remembered seeing 350whp for this kit...is that incorrect?

Gregg@AutoDrmz

Passed Driver's Ed
313hp and 281 tq for over 5 grand for the kit alone???sorry but that just seems idk...figure at least 1500 for install, 7 thousand dollars for 100hp over a chip? and those figures include an exhaust correct, so thats another thousand plus install, i guess it seems right but i thought i remembered seeing 350whp for this kit...is that incorrect?

If im up in orlando in october for the cflmk5 meet I will take you for a ride, then you will see why it is worth it.

Plyngntrffc

FIA GT Newbie
Car(s)
2006 VW GTI
i guess its pretty good, if i put all the boltons require to make the power you did, it wouldbe like 10k total, that would put my car to 32k...having a gti that makes that much power with no one expecting it is a major cool factor, having a fwd car that costs as much as an awd evo, or sti is the only thing that would limit going that far...i'll gladly take you up on that ride, im not knocking anything, i guess i just need to see more up close i guess

zex021

Ready to race!
Car(s)
'08 BM GLI 6MT
i have seen the dyno and conditions were needless to say shitty so you could expect some more power out of it and seeing it get up and move was impressive for sure

AndorGLI

18 and i'll still take U!
Car(s)
VW MKV GLI

on your question for hp, VF-Engineering rated the rs/s tubro upgrade to be running 30owhp and greg got 313whp so he actually got higher than the turbo was rated. plus the turbo was rated 345whp on 100-octane race gas.
plus idk if u saw his dyno-graph but this turbo upgrade isn't like others. this turbo makes power through the whole gear. it doesn't fade out or have a huge spike like most other turbo upgrades. this has a flat cruve so you just keep on getting power and power just like it did with our stock turbo's. so this turbo is beaustifully designed!!!

Kurupt

low
Car(s)
Jeep
i rode in some guys gti today that has 346whp... wheel spin through 3 and
4th... garret gt35r turbo custom everything ultra ballin but no way is it a daily

Plyngntrffc

FIA GT Newbie
Car(s)
2006 VW GTI
i rode in some guys gti today that has 346whp... wheel spin through 3 and
4th... garret gt35r turbo custom everything ultra ballin but no way is it a daily

its the tq that brings all that up, but yeah a limited slip is definetly neeeded as well as the widest rubber you can put under the front...

Kurupt

low
Car(s)
Jeep
yea thats the next thing... and yea i know but he didnt say torque number... and he is gonna do a widebody to get some big ass tires up front

Luis@E

Ready to race!
That kit is $5500 + install for an extra 50whp on pump gas. I think thats alot of money for a that. But you never know now a days ,good luck telling a customer thank you for spending $6300 at the shop and only making an extra 50whp

Plyngntrffc

FIA GT Newbie
Car(s)
2006 VW GTI
That kit is $5500 + install for an extra 50whp on pump gas. I think thats alot of money for a that. But you never know now a days ,good luck telling a customer thank you for spending $6300 at the shop and only making an extra 50whp

Like i realized...there are no bolt ons for the mkv that are running 363whp...if you want to do some digging go ahead...the only thing i am possibly disappointed now about would be the tq, that isnt a huge gain at all...unfortunately...how much was a gt28rs kit for the mkiv anyway? full kit, what a good 2k less than this, mainly b/c they didnt have to upgrade the fuel system correct?