GOLFMKV

Volkswagen Announces Pricing of the All-New Volkswagen EOS Convertible

alf

Modwhoreator
Car(s)
2006 TR GTI
found on www.dubspeedracing.com

http://www.speedsportlife.com/photopost/showgallery.php?cat=705

AUBURN HILLS, Mich. – Volkswagen of America, Inc. today announced pricing for its all-new, 2007 Eos convertible, arriving in showrooms this fall. This four-seater features a revolutionary three-panel roof that transforms a hardtop coupe roof with an integrated sunroof, to an open convertible. Volkswagen will offer the Eos with two engines: an award-winning 2.0 liter turbo, 200 horsepower, four cylinder starting at $27,990 and a 3.2 liter, 250 horsepower version of Volkswagen’s narrow angle V6 starting at $36,850.

In addition to the innovative CSC (coupe-sunroof-convertible) roof, the Eos includes high-quality standard features such as Electronic Stabilization Program (ESP), safety-optimized front headrests, front airbags and specially developed front side head-thorax airbags; 16-inch alloy wheels (17-inch standard on the V6 model), air conditioning system, fog lights, panoramic sunroof, power windows, and cruise control.

The dimensions of the Eos enhance the vehicle’s dynamics. Together with its length and height, the vehicle’s width lends the Eos a particularly powerful appearance and contributes to the car’s extraordinarily agile and safe handling characteristics. Its leading-edge roof engineering includes multi-folding components with fully automatic operation. The result is pure driving enjoyment regardless of whether the roof is up or down.

The Eos is available with an even more impressive lineup of options, including a double clutch (DSG™) 6-speed automatic transmission with Tiptronic®, steering wheel, shift knob and brake handle each wrapped in leather, automatic headlights, dual-zone Climatronic™ climate control, 12-way power driver seat, heated front seats and washer nozzles, windblocker, center armrest and trip computer, for $31,065. A further upgrade to the 3.2 liter, 250 horsepower V6 engine with added wood trim, all-season tires, multi-function steering wheel, HomeLink®, rain sensing wipers and satellite radio is available at $36,850. Additional options include a Dynaudio premium sound system with ten-channel amplifier, ten loudspeakers and 600-watt output power, bi-Xenon headlights with dynamic and static cornering lights, DVD navigation system, park distance control and 18-inch alloy wheels.

Like all new Volkswagen models, the Eos comes with 24-hour Roadside Assistance for four years with unlimited mileage, and new vehicle warranties including:
Five-year/60,000 mile (whichever occurs first) Powertrain Limited Warranty.
Four-year/50,000 mile (whichever occurs first) New Vehicle Limited Warranty with wear and tear items and adjustments excluded after the initial 12 months/12,000 miles.
12-year unlimited distance Limited Warranty against corrosion perforation.

MHS216

Anchors Aweigh
Car(s)
UG GTI 2006
That V6 is a beast. My Mom's got it in her new A4. I've only driven it about twice since being home, but it tears.

It will be interesting to see if people will spend nearly 40k on a VW. I guess they come close on a Passat, but it is a little more practical.

bilbos

On the Kop
It sounds a good package, but like you say, if you spec it up to the max, you are approaching $40K which is putting it in the same territory as the BMW Z4, Audi TT, 350Z etc. The only thing it has got that the others don't offer is the metal roof.

Kirium

Go Kart Champion
Do any other folding steel roof convertibles have an integrated sunroof?? I don't know if the SLK has one. That's pretty cool. Little bit of sun, or a lotta sun...

I'd love to retrofit the Dynaudio sound system into my GTI too. that's be brilliant.

Freek

Formula 5000 Driver
u know..

almost 40,000$ aint too bad for a 4 seater hard top vert....i mean shit look at the SC430 fully loaded is almost 68,000$ for a 2 seater...and if u think about it and look at the specs...the Eos is actually the better buy...i mean granted the lexus has some other options that the Eos doesnt have...but i think when it comes down to it

i guess its just my personal opinion...but i would go with the Eos over a SC430

Kirium

Go Kart Champion
It wont. The problem with the Phaeton was the badge. Regardless of how much better it was than a BMW/MB/Audi, it didn't have the badge/cred/snob value to match them.

Rabbit GTI

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
a GTI.
MHS216 said:
That V6 is a beast. My Mom's got it in her new A4. I've only driven it about twice since being home, but it tears.

It will be interesting to see if people will spend nearly 40k on a VW. I guess they come close on a Passat, but it is a little more practical.

do the new A4's have the 3.2 VR6...or is it a standard V6? my friend and i were discussing this yesterday, and we're not sure...since the A4 has always had a regular V6 in the past...ie 2.8 in the B5, and 3.0 in the B6

MHS216

Anchors Aweigh
Car(s)
UG GTI 2006
Freek said:
u know..

almost 40,000$ aint too bad for a 4 seater hard top vert....i mean shit look at the SC430 fully loaded is almost 68,000$ for a 2 seater...and if u think about it and look at the specs...the Eos is actually the better buy...i mean granted the lexus has some other options that the Eos doesnt have...but i think when it comes down to it

i guess its just my personal opinion...but i would go with the Eos over a SC430

I absolutley agree with you there. I think the price is fair. The problem is that we know VWs. I think the general public's perception of VW is that they are unreliable, cheap imports. Although this is changing for the better. And as Alf said about hoping this doesn't turn into a Phaeton. The Phaeton had almost every single option an A8 had, but couldn't didn't sell because people had it in their mind that the Audi is a "better" car. Despite it being the "same " car for more money, with four metal rings on the front and back.

I'm not making much sense. I guess what I mean is that I hope people don't write it off and say, "well, I don't wanna pay $40k for a VW, for that price I can spend a couple k more and get an Audi." Even though in reality if you slap an Audi badge on the EOS, it would probably go for $50k+.

MHS216

Anchors Aweigh
Car(s)
UG GTI 2006
smp85 said:
do the new A4's have the 3.2 VR6...or is it a standard V6? my friend and i were discussing this yesterday, and we're not sure...since the A4 has always had a regular V6 in the past...ie 2.8 in the B5, and 3.0 in the B6

I'll have to check that later on today. She was also looking at the Passat wagon, which is available with a 3.6 Liter V6. If I remember correctly, one or the other is a VR6. I'm leaning toward it being the Passat, but I'll have to double-check for ya.

On a side note, Audi's 3.2 V6 makes about 250hp while the VW's 3.6 V6 makes like 255hp or somewhere close. This says a couple things to me; Either the VW V6 is actually gonna be good for about 300hp, or Audi tuned their engine to get all they could out of it. Now, judging from these companies past tendancies, I'm going to guess that the 3.6 is actually good for about 300hp. Especially since it is the engine for the R36 which is rumored to have 300hp.

Rabbit GTI

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
a GTI.
MHS216 said:
I'll have to check that later on today. She was also looking at the Passat wagon, which is available with a 3.6 Liter V6. If I remember correctly, one or the other is a VR6. I'm leaning toward it being the Passat, but I'll have to double-check for ya.

On a side note, Audi's 3.2 V6 makes about 250hp while the VW's 3.6 V6 makes like 255hp or somewhere close. This says a couple things to me; Either the VW V6 is actually gonna be good for about 300hp, or Audi tuned their engine to get all they could out of it. Now, judging from these companies past tendancies, I'm going to guess that the 3.6 is actually good for about 300hp. Especially since it is the engine for the R36 which is rumored to have 300hp.

i know that the passat is definitely a VR6...which would lead me to believe that they may have also switched to the VR6 in the A4, because they used to both have a regular V6 when they were both smaller vehicles, and now the new passat is much larger than the B5, and it has a VR...but i'm still not sure about the A4