GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

H&R Stabilizer Bar

Jac

Passed Driver's Ed
Hv anyone installed H&R Stabilizer bar on your MK5? how is the feel and improvement? As it has 3 tightness for our selection, will it too hard if I choose tighter one ? what are you taking ?

Actually I really want to know IF someone can tell me how is the difference in : loose one, middle and tighter one.

Jac

feuerdog

Touring Car Newbie
I'm running the 25mm (2 position) H&R rear sway bar in the rear.

I ran the tight setting at first, but it is probably better just for racing/autocross. It is TIGHT, and when it breaks the rear end loose it really does break loose. At highway speeds the stiffness can be unsettling. IMO it's unbalanced for everything but autocrossing at this setting.

I now run it at the softer position w/H&R Sport springs and Bilstein Sport dampers. This is an optimal setup IMO. On throttle understeer to throttle lift neutrality to trail braking oversteer. The balance and traction is so good it's scary. I have yet to find the limits of complete traction. An awesome setup. (I can take a nearby 40mph exit ramp at a little under 80mph before the front tires start slipping out,...but when I let off the front end tucks in nicely,....it's an incedible sense of control).

There is a noticeable difference with both stock and aftermarket suspensions.
Turn-in response/rotation is improved.
Body roll is slightly reduced.
On the stiffer setting the car can get a little unsettled - a front bar(stiffer) would counteract this effect.

A definate performance improver.:thumbsup: