GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Cincinnati Chip Installation?

EuroShoes

Ready to race!
Car(s)
VW
Hello fellow dubbers,

I have a few questions regarding chipping the GTI and installation here in or around the 'nati. (As a side note, I am willing to drive to a highly recommended shop if it is within 120 miles or so.)

1. What chip did you choose, and why?
2. What shop did you have install the chip, and are you satisfied with their customer support?
3. If you were not satisfied with your shop, what shop would you recommend?
4. Are there any shops that sell chips?

Thank you in advance.

jonfran21

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2006 Jetta GLI

EuroShoes

Ready to race!
Car(s)
VW
Hey jonfran, thanks for your help. I already knew about the GIAC shop in town, seeing how I posted in that thread! If you were to read my post you will see that I am asking people from Cincinnati who they had install there chip. I am asking this to see how they liked the shop they used. Oh, and as far as chip a vs.chip b for the GTI goes, I'm not trying to ask people which chip is best. I'm asking them why they chose the chip they did!
Maybe next time you should remember what you read before you go and basically say that I am ignorant. Thanks.

Dwnshift31

Go Kart Champion
For years GIAC has been what I would consider the best ECU software company around. They stand behind their product 100% and from what I have seen... have the safest programs that offer the best producing HP/TQ. In my honest opinion there are only 2 main companies to look into for software #1 GIAC and the second would be APR.
95% of our customers in our shop are Porsche guys.....GIAC is THE leader in the Porsche realm hands down.
Its clean..its smooth..its safe....and its bad ass fast.
If you look at 90% of the serious tuners in NA for Porsche / Audi and VW...they use GIAC.
If you ahve any questions ...jsut drop me an email
BJ@wrighttuning.com
Cheers
BJZ

EuroShoes

Ready to race!
Car(s)
VW
Ah, I see man. Do you by any chance have the huffs on your GTI? Because I believe I have spotted you before.

JeepNGLI

Heart-ing Forge Since 06
Hey buddy. I have APR, but I do not advise going to the APR dealer in Cincy. They are the only one in the area and suck. Thats all I'm gunna say. If you want a ride in a MKV with a a ko4, let me know. Regardless, get chipped. Try either that GIAC dealer or Savage(REVO).

EuroShoes

Ready to race!
Car(s)
VW
Really? Because I was strongly considering APR and then I was going to get their exhaust also. So many people love Revo, so I may try get the free trial and see how I like it. JeepnGLI, who is the APR dealer? Is it dubworks?

JeepNGLI

Heart-ing Forge Since 06
Schnell, honestly, I think all the chips will give you about the same performance if you stick with the three major brands: APR, REVO, and GIAC. Revo offers the SPS which has its advantages. IMO, I'd say get the REVO trial and give it a shot. Remember, if you have any problems, you're going to have to go back to the shop. The REVO dealer(Savagemotorsports) is a nice good. Very helpful and informative. The GIAC dealer is new, but from what I've seen with the few times I've talked to him, he seems nice and willing to help. He also has a dyno I believe which I might be going to soon. You can take this all with a grain of salt, but its my opinion. Also, are in SWOV? Check out SWOV.org, you might like what you see. There's a guy on there with an MKV with GIAC and he likes it.

Hope that helps.