GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

R32 available with ZERO mark ups!

gtir6

Ready to race!
Checkered Flag Volkswagen in Virginia beach, VA is offering all tof their R32s with ZERO mark ups!

who else is doing it?

Hkysk8r07

Banned
Car(s)
07 reflex silver gti
probably a bunch because nobody wants to pay 35000 for an awd rabbit ;) theres 5000 R32's. there 1200 fagenhiets and probably half of those things are still sitting on the lots. i dont see the R's moving off the lots too quickly since you really dont get to pick anything besides color and if you want nav.

oh and i hope CFVW is a sponsor. we really dont like spam on here ;)

Taz

Ready to race!
Given time I wouldn't doubt that you see the R32's discounted. They started out at list here. I talked to a guy who bought one here and he is already having buyer's remorse. I think the pricetag sort of got to him after the newness started to wear off. Its a nice ride but overpriced for what you get. They should just offer the GTI with a AWD option!

herrstreet

Touring Car Newbie
I payed about $26,500 for my package 2 DSG - everything but Navi.

I wouldn't pay more than $29,500 k for the car. Figure a grand for the motor and two grand for the quattro. The R32 is a car people will be making excuses for in the coming years. And it gets TWENTY FOR MPG ON THE HIGHWAY!!!!

My GTO with 350hp got 24 on the highway, lol. Come to think of it, they weighed about the same too...

DBCPerformance

OEM & AFTERMARKET PARTS
Car(s)
An Imaginary GT2
ok so let me think, are you bashing Corvette guys because you are too clever that you did not spend $48,000.00+ and ended up with a car stayed on the showroom floors for over a year, which is less than $20,000.00 in the used car market, that looks like a Cavalier???????

Get a hold of yourself. I respect everyone's opinions but the R32 bashing is getting old. Respect the owners of these fine automobiles. And last time I checked his thread has nothing to do with how much you payed for your car. Stop trolling

conom06d

Flying circles around VWs
Car(s)
3 wheels and wings
^
^
told

vDubr

myfastismycopilot
Car(s)
2008 Audi TT
I payed about $26,500 for my package 2 DSG - everything but Navi.

I wouldn't pay more than $29,500 k for the car. Figure a grand for the motor and two grand for the quattro. The R32 is a car people will be making excuses for in the coming years. And it gets TWENTY FOR MPG ON THE HIGHWAY!!!!

My GTO with 350hp got 24 on the highway, lol. Come to think of it, they weighed about the same too...

The R32 gets 23 mpg and that's with the updated EPA standards for MY2008. If it was rated last year, it would probably be shown as ~27 mpg.

NYCGTI

Passed Driver's Ed
The major *&^% UP was not offering a manual.

I think VW will pay for its arrogance with that decision.

Great ride, great car, pure arrogance not offering a 6 speed. Kept me from the quick trade in.

Taz

Ready to race!
What, you wouldn't give 41k for a super duper R32? That's ok, I wouldn't either. Maybe if it was turbo'd and had a bunch more HP then it might be worth.

Draw007

pdx_rox
What, you wouldn't give 41k for a super duper R32? That's ok, I wouldn't either. Maybe if it was turbo'd and had a bunch more HP then it might be worth.

For 41K it better have at least 300HP...

The fact of the matter is when you push the $30,000 threshold it opens up a lot of cars that offer more performance for the money. I'd buy an '06 330I before I spent the same (or more) on an R32.

I love my GTI for what it is: an entry-level performance car that offers refinement that many new cars at that price point don't. It also provides the ability to spend a few bucks playing around and enhancing its performance without breaking the bank.