GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Sti's and Evo's

Wantagti

insufficient funds
Car(s)
Chevy Suburban Z71
I see quite a few for sale on Ebay and at used car lots and was wondering if people just tire from the racyness of those cars or what. I see so many mag articles on them and how great they are but then I see them everywhere for sale. Don't get me wrong, I'm not knocking them at all, just wondering what it is I don't know about them. BTW, I've never driven either just because of the $ required to buy one.

lecrapper16

Ready to race!
I've driven an evo and they are extreemly fast, but, not very comfortable. So I think people who buy them are amazed by the pure speed and handling ability, but grow tired of them due to lack of comfort.

atomoverride

Ruler of Omicron Persei 8
EVO's are cool it was number 3 on my list for a new car.

1. VW GTI Package 2
2. Honda Civic Si
3. Mitsubishi Evoultion 3 rally edtion

So I went to the honda dealership to test drive a Civic Si, but the sales people were not even taking me serious. I guess wearing shorts and a t-shirt are a big turn off. So due to rudness I said forget the civic. Next went to the VW dealership and they were all over me like I had candy in my pocket. Test drove the GTI and fell in love.

So my mind was set right then and there.

trevor

Southeast Forum Dictator
Car(s)
Subaru WRX STI
The reason you see so many people selling STi's and Evo's is because the kids buy them, have 500$/mo car payments THEN they have to pay insurance. They think they can afford a 32k car at 20 and it just doesn't work out, so they sell them.

4GSixty3

Drag Racing Champion
lecrapper16 said:
I've driven an evo and they are extreemly fast, but, not very comfortable. So I think people who buy them are amazed by the pure speed and handling ability, but grow tired of them due to lack of comfort.

Thats why i drive my Evo only on the weekends. my MKV is my daily driver and it sooo comfortable that it makes my work day so much better.

MisterToad

Passed Driver's Ed
atomoverride said:
EVO's are cool it was number 3 on my list for a new car.

1. VW GTI Package 2
2. Honda Civic Si
3. Mitsubishi Evoultion 3 rally edtion

I strongly considered the Civic Si as well. What clinched the GTI for me was the superior torque, and better styling outside, and particularly the interior. I don't think I could stand looking at that Jetsons cockpit of the Si every day. Also, DSG meant my wife could drive the car as well. We were doing our carpool in her Town & Country because she couldn't handle the stick in my WRX. Talk about a dull 60 mile commute.

As for the Evo and STi, great cars. But I think I'd rather have the Legacy 2.5 GT A-Spec than the STi, a real sleeper that one. Less flashy looking, but a very understated and capable machine.

Super-me

Passed Driver's Ed
kirk180 said:
^^Depends on what you want out of your car.
i want speed but i just got my driving licence.......:burnrubber:
i'm afriad i may crash my dream car, GTI should be much easier to drive, right?

Super-me said:
i'm afriad i may crash my dream car, GTI should be much easier to drive, right?

i dont think the GTI is slow :iono:
but awd gives the driver more confidence, which can be bad.

kirk180

Go Kart Champion
GTi Fanatic said:
i dont think the GTI is slow :iono:
but awd gives the driver more confidence, which can be bad.
But the GTI is slow in comparison to an EVO...
Just depends. If you want raw sport performance then go for the EVO.
If you want a nice interior with some grown up features that still has a little spunk under the hood then go for the GTI. It's a comfortable and fun ride.

Wantagti

insufficient funds
Car(s)
Chevy Suburban Z71
As long as you keep things in perspective and relative, the GTI rules in my book. I miss the insane power I had in my Z28, but would much prefer to own and drive my GTI. My Z would smoke 98% of anything I ever ran across, but it came at a price.

newtogolf

FIA World Rally Car Champion
it isnt just about performance and racing. u gotta be able to live in these cars. it should be able to serve all purposes. being in a golf is a nice place.