GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Finally got the MkV on a closed circuit!

Shifty

Pull it shave it paint it
Car(s)
2002 TDI New Beetle
I was lucky enough to attend the National R32 GTG in Tulsa last week (since it was right up the road from me), and to my surprise I was invited out to Hallett to run with them! I was VERY happy with the GTI on course, it felt like it was designed for the track... just needs a little more firmness out back to help rotate through the turns. Oh and some better brakes... and an LSD wouldn't hurt. :biggrin:

Best lap of the day was a 1:36.xxx, clocked by a turbo'd R32 - I managed two back-to-back 1:39.xxx's right at the end of the day (with a large friend in the passenger seat). I was super excited to stay within three seconds of an FI'd R. :thumbup:

Sayemthree

Ready to race!
its fun, huh, and addicting. Nice car too. any other mods other than the paint?

I am suprised they let you run timed laps. most clubs dont because your car insurance (or warranty) is not in effect if there is any timing.

Shifty

Car(s)
2002 TDI New Beetle
Yes very addicting. I'm already planning another trip for next month!

The only mods I have are H&R Race springs, 2.5" Magnaflow catback and Neuspeed CAI.

Most guys were running transponders available for rent at the facility - I had my buddy timing me with his cell-phone-stopwatch. Saved $25. LOL

Shifty

Car(s)
2002 TDI New Beetle
only 12 cars? thats sad
most vw ppl would rather stare at their car than drive it
the honda guys come out in big numbers...

good job on using it the way you should

for rotation, id reccomend a BIG rear swaybar
and for brakes, all you really need are pads
the stopping power with just some carbotech pads was VERY good

This was a 3-day event - Monday through Wednesday of last week. Monday was a BBQ/chat day, Tuesday was spent at the dragstrip (reserved for the group), and Wednesday was Hallett all day. The organizer lost his @$$ big time because of the low turnout. There were nearly 100 people planning to attend when the event was planned, but they (along with all potential sponsors) dropped out in the final weeks before the event. :mad: Next year the plan is to open it to all VAG cars (although the focus will remain on the R's), and get some sponsors on board.

Swaybar and Yellow Stuff pads are next on the list. :thumbsup:

Shifty

Car(s)
2002 TDI New Beetle
LMFAO I gather he doesn't use these forums

:laugh: He calls himself the large friend, otherwise I wouldn't make any mention of it.

SO... EBC pads are really that bad? I have them on my A4 and they seem great so far (10k miles in). I was thinking EBC Yellows because there was a second MKV running that day and his ony mods were R-comps and EBC Yellows - he highly recommended them! :iono: What makes them poor?