GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Track wheels

Hman

I'm going to be in the market for some dedicated wheels andtires for the track. As far as wheels go, what are some manufacturers that don't cost an arm and a leg but still put out a quality wheel. The wheels would probably see 2-3 track days/year... hopefully more. I'm not crazy about dropping $1000+ so any suggestions are appreciated.

dpham00

Modérateur Emeritus
flik ftd's are pretty cheap, and light (for the cost). they're not really high quality tho.

mog3618

Ready to race!

You can try these Audi stocks, they are 16`s giving you room for some tires with a nice side wall for some good traction. They are pretty light and easy to come by. I am getting a set for the track.

f_399

07 GTI and 06 Passat

You can try these Audi stocks, they are 16`s giving you room for some tires with a nice side wall for some good traction. They are pretty light and easy to come by. I am getting a set for the track.

i didnt think they would clear the brakes!

uscrew96

Ready to race!
the spare tire is a 16" on the GTI, that tells me that 16" fit fine.

xyouthx

slow ass car
I have flik FTD's. got 17x8's for $350 shipped from edgeracing, and in my opinion that's the best bang for the buck. quality wise, you can assume that they're cheap, but my friend mounted the tires and balanced them and said they're perfect. So for the money they're perfect IMO. and tire wise you can try to track down some Falken Azeni RT615's, but I doubt you'll find any in 17's, so I went with Hankook Z214 RS2's, and have been beating wrx's with Falkens all year. Plus they're a better wet tire.

StreetSpeed2000

Passed Driver's Ed
It's not like you're gonna be hitting pot holes on the track or anything. If they're round and not too heavy, then that's all you need. I have some BFG DRs on 2 Flik FTDs that I haven't used all season. I'll prolly buy 2 more FTDs and mount RA-1s on them in the near future.

mog3618

Ready to race!
It's not like you're gonna be hitting pot holes on the track or anything. If they're round and not too heavy, then that's all you need. I have some BFG DRs on 2 Flik FTDs that I haven't used all season. I'll prolly buy 2 more FTDs and mount RA-1s on them in the near future.

Just ordered me a set in flat black...:thumbup: