GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The double-DIN adapter

Dr. Woo

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2008 VW .:R32
So where is everyone picking theirs up? I've searched online and since our proxy blocks about 98% of the web, I am not having very good luck.

Anyone have any recommended places to check? I just got a big check (not NEARLY big enough) as a settlement for movers stealing $3800 worth of my property and I'm getting the itch to buy myself a new in-dash DVD player or NAV.

Dr. Woo

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2008 VW .:R32

etang789

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
MKV GTI
i wonder how is the quality of this ebay kit too 35$ seems like a steal...hows the color match of the dash?

Scionic

Autocross Newbie
I've been out of town the last few days - I'm heading home today, and I'm going to install it post-haste. I'll post photos as soon as it's done.

etang789

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
MKV GTI
some detail pics would be great i would be doing my install soon ...and might new help from u guys

etang789

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
MKV GTI
i was wondering are the ebay kit and enfig kit the same? made by the manufacture? if it is i will go get it on ebay instead its cheaper

Scionic

Autocross Newbie
As promised, here are a couple photos. The mounting kit doesn't look *quite* what I'd like it to, and it doesn't sit flush like the old one did, and I had to kind of guess as some of the how-to-build-it directions, but I'm overall fairly pleased.

The kit is made by a company called American International.

etang789

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
MKV GTI
what do u mean by "it doesnt sit flush"? it doesnt fit the dash? or the headunit? is that the pioneer AVIC-D2? im about to get that on ebay too... whats the part number or name for the wire adaptor and antenna adaptor? is the antenna adaptor necessary?

Scionic

Autocross Newbie
etang789 said:
what do u mean by "it doesnt sit flush"? it doesnt fit the dash? or the headunit? is that the pioneer AVIC-D2? im about to get that on ebay too... whats the part number or name for the wire adaptor and antenna adaptor? is the antenna adaptor necessary?

What I mean by 'it doesn't sit flush' is that the factory head unit sits flush with the rest of the center console from edge to edge. This new one kind of sticks out a little bit, but it's uniform all the way around so it doesn't look out of place.

It's an AVIC-D1. Almost exactly the same as the D2, only with older software. Got the D1 over the D2 because I work for Best Buy and got it for cheap...

The mounting kit is an American International VW-K1017.
The wiring harness is by a company simply called "Mobile" and is model CC-13216.
The antenna adapter is an American International EU-08. It seems to be some sort of European standard as it fits BMW/Mini/Audi/VW. You'll need it if you want to listen to FM radio on the D2.

All 3 of these parts were had off eBay and cost me $35 total, with shipping. Though in my anger installing this thing (it's been a little frustrating) I've gouged a little of the mounting kit plastic so I may buy another one...

One thing I will say, is if you get a D2, the ACC line will have to run to an electrical socket that only turns on with the car. I just ran a line down to the cigarette lighter - everything just snaps right off so it was easy. The "switched 12V" plug in the wiring harness isn't actually switched it seems.

LivEToDrivE

FIA World Rally Car Newbie
Car(s)
GTI
I've heard a lot of people talking about taking the single din adapter, and cutting out the mid section, if you want for security lining it with a felt strip to prevent scratching from the removed plastic?..Seems interesting

etang789

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
MKV GTI
Scionic said:
What I mean by 'it doesn't sit flush' is that the factory head unit sits flush with the rest of the center console from edge to edge. This new one kind of sticks out a little bit, but it's uniform all the way around so it doesn't look out of place.

It's an AVIC-D1. Almost exactly the same as the D2, only with older software. Got the D1 over the D2 because I work for Best Buy and got it for cheap...

The mounting kit is an American International VW-K1017.
The wiring harness is by a company simply called "Mobile" and is model CC-13216.
The antenna adapter is an American International EU-08. It seems to be some sort of European standard as it fits BMW/Mini/Audi/VW. You'll need it if you want to listen to FM radio on the D2.

All 3 of these parts were had off eBay and cost me $35 total, with shipping. Though in my anger installing this thing (it's been a little frustrating) I've gouged a little of the mounting kit plastic so I may buy another one...

One thing I will say, is if you get a D2, the ACC line will have to run to an electrical socket that only turns on with the car. I just ran a line down to the cigarette lighter - everything just snaps right off so it was easy. The "switched 12V" plug in the wiring harness isn't actually switched it seems.

Can you please show me the ebay link for the wiring harness and antenna adapter. I couldnt seem to find it. I need it ASAP