GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Thoughts on the new Civic Si

nocoolname

I'm doing a little research for a paper I'm writing. I'd like to know honestly, what you all think of the new 06+ Civic Si.

I'll be posting a similar topic on a Civic Si forum about the MKV GTI. I'll let you guys know what happens.

nick9871

Ready to race!
Good track car. Not much fun for daily driving as the powerband is so high and there is no torque. Raspy engine note. Not much aftermarket engine performance upgrades (unless you go FI). Plasticy interior to me.

Sayemthree

Ready to race!
don't care for the futuristic interior.

japanese engineer ride the subway to work.
german engineer take the Autobahn.

DSG_MASTER

DSG!!Manstyle!!
Car(s)
GTI MKVI
Good track car. Not much fun for daily driving as the powerband is so high and there is no torque. Raspy engine note. Not much aftermarket engine performance upgrades (unless you go FI). Plasticy interior to me.

Nailed it. It doesn't have the same feel as the GTI. Can't have more than a couple of people in the car, because it won't pull as hard as the GTI dude to the lack of torque. One of my best friends who has had both say's it's slow.

my friend owns a 06 and his brother owns a 07, both complain about a grinding 3rd gear

other than that, they have no problems

Wom

Ready to race!
Car(s)
GTI !!
don't care for the futuristic interior.

japanese engineer ride the subway to work.
german engineer take the Autobahn.

Nice quote :biggrin:

OT: I drove the Type R as we dont have the SI in Europe. Good car, looks real great but as stated by others, lack of torque and the dash is really not logical. And as a test, slam the door of the Honda and then of the VW, you will notice the difference :wink:

adamgti

Trust me, I'm an engineer
Car(s)
07 CW GTI 4 dr
No idea about the way it drives, but I really like the looks of the Si compared to the normal Civic. I REALLY like it. Don't know anything about the car itself.

danger dan

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
gti
its a nice looking car, and has a pretty powerful high revving n/a 4 cylender, not much torque for daily driving buy once you get out on the swisties your gana be having a blast.

i personally like the car, wouldnt mind driving one to tell the truth.

KroenenMKV

Ready to race!
As a former RSX owner, I'm still a fan of the K20 engine. I don't know about the new Si's, but a stock RSX-S with virtually the same engine would go 145 STOCK. That is damn fast for a car powered by a N/A 2.0L. The K20 does indeed have some impressive top-end. The lack of torque and low-end power did get rather annoying though. Keep it under 5800 rpm's and you'll get schooled by soccer moms in their mini vans :biggrin: Interior on the new Si :thumbdown: Exterior :thumbup:
Also... the sound of a K20 when vtec is engaged with an intake installed :wub:

bsosa69

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
06 GTI
No idea about the way it drives, but I really like the looks of the Si compared to the normal Civic. I REALLY like it. Don't know anything about the car itself.

Just wondering why? I think the only differences between the si and regular civic coupe on the exterior are a wing, exhaust tip, wheels (Which I personally think are ugly), badges, and the sticker on the side.

I'm sure the interior is different as well, just don't know all the differences.

Remus6

ViVa La Fuga!WLF
I'll be honest, I don't like the way the Si looks. But, the other day, I was driving around my neighborhood and I saw a very clean and well done Si. I must admit that I was pretty impressed by how the owner did her up. The only thing I would have done differently is the "Altezza" lights he put in. It was because it was oddly out of place as the car was totally blacked out and the tails lights were just ech!

Jsmitty

5 meters spread, no sound
It is becoming like all other cars this day and age. Getting heavier to accommodate a stiffer frame and more safety. Plus growing in size for younger people who are having family but still want a sporty car. Specially with the new 4 door SI. The engine has a lot of well planned out thought. Honda is good at taking smaller displacement engines and ringing power out of them. You have to down shift more to keep in the power band. It does have the benefit of a lsd, which the american one should have came with all along. I am not a fan of the dash layout. The exterior actually looks pretty nice. Overall it's a good car.

kirk180

Go Kart Champion
I owned the previous gen Si hatch, gotta say...I think the Si's a nice car. I didn't get it this time primarily for 3 reasons:

1. The interior dash (yuck).
2. No head room (my hair was hitting the top of the car).
3. So much rave in the mags about the GTI making a comeback.

I don't think you should have told everyone this was for a paper though. I think it should have been a controlled study where you wouldn't have to worry about skewed results. But that's just me.

bsosa69

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
06 GTI
I'm doing a little research for a paper I'm writing. I'd like to know honestly, what you all think of the new 06+ Civic Si.

I'll be posting a similar topic on a Civic Si forum about the MKV GTI. I'll let you guys know what happens.

What forum is that? All Dem Civic owners be talkin' shit yo :rolleyes: