GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

AWE boost gauge installed

plac

GTI Master
Theres a lot of How-tos started already, I just did it by memory so i didnt make a how-to. I just took a couple shots.

This is the metal T fitting. Very high quality. The best part about this T fitting is the vacuum node. It has the restrictor already in it! That special part we always had to go find. (Which makes me wonder why you have to install that fuel filter inline also, which was a VERY tight fit on the vacuum hose.) See the round rubber hose protector on the right side hose? Make sure you move it over the clamp thats under it, for protection. Stock, my protector was a 1/2 inch higher, and not protecting the sharp clamp too well.

This is directly behind the battery tray. So you unhook your battery. You undo your battery hold down clamp on the side. You remove your battery. You unbolt your battery tray which consists of 3 long bolts. Then finally, you can see this harness hole in the firewall.. which is STILL hard to get to.. and the little nipples just waiting to be pinched. I didnt use that side one after all. Dont make my muistake. The easiest one to to razor blade off is one above the huge wire. You grab the mini nipple with a needlenose and pull. Then you snake behind it with a razor blade. It cuts like butter.

Very time consuming and a pain in the ass. The vent was a bit tricky, you just gotta pay attention to every little clip when you reassemble it. And make sure all of them are in place. Then my gauge finally sat flush. When you cut the 1/2" hole in the side of your vent insert, it can be a bit confusing when you put it back in. Cuz that hole is covered by another plastic outer layer in the dash. But I guess there was just enough space to come out that hole, a little to the front, and then down underneath. I wouldnt want to do this again too soon.

3 various lighting shots.

AWE has really nice quality package. Top notch T fitting, and top notch clamps too, not the cheapest kind. Very thick and sturdy. I got a blow pop also.

Last edited:

kirk180

Go Kart Champion
Thanks, I'm following my tracking record from UPS on mine now. Can't wait. It does seem like a pain the the a$$ to install though. How long did it take you? Also, do you have any vibration in your gauge or does it seem fine? TIA.

kirk180

Go Kart Champion
Hoppy6698 said:
Just noticed on the Speedometer, it goes up to 180 mph with very small increments. Has anyone had issues with seeing their current speed?
No problems. The picture doesn't do it justice. It's actually pretty large and easy to read. Doesn't the daytime pic look like they are easy to read to you?

plac

GTI Master
No vibrations at all. The restrictor in addition to the filter makes sure of that.

I had a few check lights but they went away.

plac

GTI Master
Expect a steering wheel light which goes out within about 2 mins.

I also had an ESP light, and my ESP button wouldnt turn it back on to eliminate the light. But after about 10-15 mins of driving I was able to turn my ESP on, thus removing that light.

I had an airbag fault light also, but that is totally unrelated to this work.

Raven6t9

Noise Pipe Plugs FTW!!!
Car(s)
~MKV GTI~
Pictures not working :mad0259: :mad: :thumbdown:
So how long did it take you to install? I was going to do mine on my day off today but now its pouring:cry:

Raven6t9

Noise Pipe Plugs FTW!!!
Car(s)
~MKV GTI~
You should get the pics up again and put this in the DIY sticky, right next to the collumn pod install.