GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

i need mods

WEWO

Go Kart Newbie
Some one please give me a list of good quality mods out there...im new to the whole german thing....the first thing i want is a drop then after that its whtever comes my way....money isnt really a huge issue for me if its worth it ill save up...i just need help on where to look and hats best for the car....thanks in advance anything will help.

HotLanta MKfizzle

Formula 5000 Driver
WEWO said:
Some one please give me a list of good quality mods out there...im new to the whole german thing....the first thing i want is a drop then after that its whtever comes my way....money isnt really a huge issue for me if its worth it ill save up...i just need help on where to look and hats best for the car....thanks in advance anything will help.

CHIP YOUR CAR!!!

www.goapr.com

WEWO

Go Kart Newbie
i think im gonna getta chip then..lol..thanx..but what else can i do after...and has anyone had any computer problems after chipping the car??

RJS5689

FIA GT Champion
Car(s)
2006 MKV GTI
ppl w/ APR have. All revos i know of have been trouble free. The place i went to also said he HIGHLY recomends REVO because he knows the people that develp them actually do extensive tests in each car they release software for. he also said REVO has the fewest problems.

nomad

FIA World Rally Car Newbie
other mods id recommend, if you like to tinker (oh you know you love messing with shit in your car! admit it!) i recommend the Sigma 6 Short Shifter kit from www.dieselgeek.com the pully kit from neuspeed at www.neuspeed.com the evoms v-flow intake is still under development, so until that is released id recommend a K&N drop in filter from www.knfilters.com, what else.. hmm.. oh you could get a TBE (turbo back exhaust, just means a downpipe and a catback) Techtonics (TT) at www.techtonicstuning.com or the Miltek TBE at www.stratmosphere.com. other than that.. id look into suspension and wheels/tires. just try to get that power to the ground. look for some light alloy wheels, i guess in your case your going for them HRE 19's, and those are some high quality wheels, you'll have to figure out how your going to work those in with some sort of suspension setup due to the ET and the sheer size of them. anywho, i hope that helped ya out!

revaudi

Oval Newbie
RJS5689 said:
ppl w/ APR have. All revos i know of have been trouble free. The place i went to also said he HIGHLY recomends REVO because he knows the people that develp them actually do extensive tests in each car they release software for. he also said REVO has the fewest problems.

Take that with a grain of salt. If they are a Revo distributor, they will obviously speak highly of them, just like my GIAC dealer.

GIAC, REVO and APR are all good options. The individuals that have had issues with APR were frontrunners and had other mods besides just chipping (engine related). APR has since corrected the issue.

RJS5689

FIA GT Champion
Car(s)
2006 MKV GTI
revaudi said:
Take that with a grain of salt. If they are a Revo distributor, they will obviously speak highly of them, just like my GIAC dealer.

GIAC, REVO and APR are all good options. The individuals that have had issues with APR were frontrunners and had other mods besides just chipping (engine related). APR has since corrected the issue.
they werent a revo distributer... the place is AI design, and they deal w/ about anything and everything. i know this because i asked him about APR and he recomended it and spoke higly of it, but also told me about the REVO.

nomad

RJS5689 said:
they werent a revo distributer... the place is AI design, and they deal w/ about anything and everything. i know this because i asked him about APR and he recomended it and spoke higly of it, but also told me about the REVO.

it's all a sale ploy! conspiracy! :biggrin: jk jk lol

kirk180

Go Kart Champion
I have APR and it is problem free and very convenient to use. Switching back and forth between stock mode and 93 octane is pretty simple. APR is highly thought of and sought out in the German tuner world (period). There guys, I put the good word in for APR.

nomad

http://www.revotechnik.com/aboutRevo/news/fsi20select.aspx