GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

European Market Bluetooth Option

mikeyc

Passed Driver's Ed
I need a clarification.

Currently ordered my MK5 GTI. Today the dealer called me and asked if i wanted the "original" bluetooth car kit option. So, i need to ask you guys, does the european market have the orginal bluetooth feature yet?? And, if yes, does that mean that it will have the steering wheel buttons aswell? (my order is currently with out the steering wheel buttons)

Im worried of taking the option for the extra cost and then ending up with third party hand free like motorola or parrot.

Thanks for the help.

JonnyDoe69

Drag Race Newbie
From what my dealer told me, the bluetooth option that they put on is http://www.motorola.com/automotive/solution_blnc.html . It's quite costly from the dealer and you can find one on eBay for much cheaper. As it is, the GTI's that are sold in the US do not have any sort of microphone/speaker setup in the headliner. There are grills and setups for them, but no speakers. My dealer also told me that the technology in Europe that they use for cars isn't bluetooth so that's why it's not integrated here. Sounds like a crock to me, especially coming from a dealer, but I don't know any better...

mikeyc

Passed Driver's Ed
Thanks a lot for the info dannydoe! I truely think they will fit something similar here, but i refused the option.