GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Boost Question

wileez

Passed Driver's Ed
Hi Everyone,
I'm very new to VW's. I just traded my 97 GSX in for a 06 GTI. In case anyone is wondering I just needed a little more reliablility and I kinda fell in love with the GTI when I test drove it. My question is what are my options for turning up the boost. I've read some where about the wastegate bypass valve N75 and to not mess with the srew to try to increase boost levels. It's seems that manual boost controllers seems out of the question for these cars. Is this true? If so what are my options?

O and if someone can answer this for me. Venting into the atmosphere is really ok with the GTI's?

Sorry about the really noob questions but I'm very new to VW :biggrin:

trevor

Southeast Forum Dictator
Car(s)
Subaru WRX STI
I wouldn't up the boost without actual EM (Giac, APR, Revo etc.)

wileez

Passed Driver's Ed
Thanks for the info... you wouldn't happen to know how much boost will the stock turbo take before spitting out hot air would yeah?

alf

Modwhoreator
Car(s)
2006 TR GTI
MBC = no no. engine management yes! (revo, apr etc)

the stock turbo can hande maybe about 21 peak lbs.

also, the n75 is more for 1.8ts and hav enothing to do with our setups. just get a flash program and you'll be good to go.

alf

p8nt997

Ready to race!
what do these software progs up your boost to (i would really like to know about APR.) anyone with knowledge of this or anyone with a boost gauge and an apr chip?