GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Dollar/Power Upgrade Ratios

ünpimptheauto

Touring Car Newbie
With all the mods available (and becoming available), ever wonder what is the best "bang for the buck"?

For example, most software is $500 (like GIAC, for example). It yeilds approx. 28hp and 49 ft. lbs. tq.

So, based on this, SW has a $17.85/hp and $10.20/ft. lb. cost.

More examples...and AWE turbo back exhaust is $750 (dp/cat) and $590 (exhaust) for a total of $1340. Gains are approximately 9hp and 6.5 ft. lbs. tq.

Based on this, the AWE exhaust has a $148/hp and $206/ft. lb. cost.

So, the list begins:

GIAC Software, $17.85/hp and $10.20/ft. lb.
Dahlback Software, $11.36/hp and $8.77/ft. lb.
AWE Exhaust, $148/hp and $206/ft. lb.
Evo MS Intake, $20.82/hp and $52.64/ft. lb. (with s/w upgrade)

Last edited:

kirk180

Go Kart Champion
I thought it was always clear that reflashing/chipping your car is the best bang for your buck. There's no more economical way to get such performance gains out of your engine.

Vivid

Formula 5000 Driver
kirk180 said:
I thought it was always clear that reflashing/chipping your car is the best bang for your buck. There's no more economical way to get such performance gains out of your engine.

Your right and ünpimptheauto's list has it as the cheapest... I think the list will become more helpful once people have the chip done and are looking for their next mod...

ünpimptheauto, great idea for a thread and look forward to it growing :thumbsup:

kirk180

Go Kart Champion
Got it:thumbsup: I thought he was aking the question:What is the best? A list would be nice though. Thanks for clarifying.