GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Bluefin Dyno Results

Hilton_K

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2007 GTI
Had the GTI dyno'd today, ran the car Bluefin'd then switched it back to stock. Believe this is an accurate reading and is roughly what is quoted from Bluefin.

Kw at the wheels:
Bluefin'd: 152.8Kw (204 Hp) atw
Stock: 140.0Kw atw

Aprox flywheel Kw:
Bluefin'd: 182.1Kw (244Hp)
Stock: 166.3Kw

Approx 14-15% Gain of Torque (at flywheel) = 320Nm :thumbsup:

AFR was 10.5 tuned and a lot more stable, stock fluctuates a little.

Very happy with the results and quality of the tune, torque is a great improvement and is alot flatter. :thumbup: Bluefin!!

PC dyno.jpg

Last edited:

srbsta

Banned
Car(s)
2006 Volkswagen GTI
nice numbers.....i am hoping for 150+kw @the wheels

AndorGLI

18 and i'll still take U!
Car(s)
VW MKV GLI
i'm kinda dumb and if there is any way that you can translate those numbers to hp

CiaranGTI

Schwam, Doo, Doo and heif
or, you could just divide the kw figure by 0.75. up to you!

I am dynoing mine tomorrow to *try* to substantiate the results from the 30th June dyno run. I'll post the results tomorrow arvo! :D

vwgtimkv

Out of love for the car
or, you could just divide the kw figure by 0.75. up to you!

I am dynoing mine tomorrow to *try* to substantiate the results from the 30th June dyno run. I'll post the results tomorrow arvo! :D

x2

AndorGLI

18 and i'll still take U!
Car(s)
VW MKV GLI
yeah you could c my dyno numbers on my sig. they told me it should of been a little higher b/c it was extremly humid and my car was heat soaking... those numbers u c are the 2nd run i did... the 1st run was a miss run and something happened

OZVWConvert

Ready to race!
yeah you could c my dyno numbers on my sig. they told me it should of been a little higher b/c it was extremly humid and my car was heat soaking... those numbers u c are the 2nd run i did... the 1st run was a miss run and something happened

That equates to about 181Kw atw which is a pretty damn good number... I hope I can get something close to this on Sunday as I have roughly the same mods.

CiaranGTI

Schwam, Doo, Doo and heif
Looks like your Bluefinned result is right on the money! I pulled pretty much the same figures as you Hilton. The AFR's are pretty similar but the power curve is so much smoother than the previous dyno, it really throws question over the accuracy of the 30th June Run. Ah well, thats the fun of dyno-ing!

Also, my dash was like a christmas tree after this run! It had thrown an ABS fault, tyre pressure warning was lit, the (!) symbol was flashing and I couldnt turn the traction control back on. It all seemed to fix itself after a 5 minute drive though. Luckily it is time for a oil change/service as the car has been dyno'd twice in the last 7500kms.

Old and new results below...

Old, questionable dyno

Today's Dyno

Last edited:

vwgtimkv

Out of love for the car
I just did a run this morning, and mine came out at 151.5kW, so it's pretty amazing how consistent these results have been. Another guy there had APR + Turbo-back exhaust + Carbonio and he only made 156kW atw. He was a little surprised that the Bluefin did so well in comparison. And for only $1200 no less.

And as for the ABS and tyre pressure lights, all the MKVs there today did the same thing. Just driving around the block resets the sensors and everything's fine.

Cheers

Last edited:

ACT_GTI07

Go Kart Champion
And as for the ABS and tyre pressure lights, all the MKVs there today did the same thing. Just driving around the block resets the sensors and everything's fine.

Cheers

Just remember that the car logs there errors in the ABS. If you take it into a dealer and they connect Vag-Com they will see that failures in your rear left and right ABS units. If you don't want them pulling your car apart to investigate I suggest informing them that you had it on a dyno and they can just clear the faults.

Mine ABS was picked up after the Canberra dyno day but the mechanic talked to me about it first before pulling the car apart to try and find the problem.

vwgtimkv

Out of love for the car
BrisGTI from VW Watercooled got this pic of my car on the dyno today. I couldn't get over how much the engine moved around in there - it was dancin'.

Cheers