GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Golf Plus alloy wheels question

ajm_ordona

HI,

Im new here......I have recently bought a 1.4 Golf Plus (a mouse compared to guys motors!!) but want to buy some alloys for them. As they are just the bigger version of a normal golf are the wheel dimensions the same? Also, im deciding to buy either 18's or 19's, as I dont have any tech. knowledge on vw's what would be the better size, don't want no rubbing issues aswell.

p.s looked for a golf plus forums/ sections but can't find them anywhere :iono:

any info would be much appreciated

thanks!!!

daveleeuk

I have a GTI on Forza
Car(s)
Golf
im pretty sure you'll be ok with 19s without any rub, but dont take my word, id wait until someone more experianced answers you! LOL.

Put some pics up if you do it though, iv never seen a Golf+ with alloys

ajm_ordona

im pretty sure you'll be ok with 19s without any rub, but dont take my word, id wait until someone more experianced answers you! LOL.

Put some pics up if you do it though, iv never seen a Golf+ with alloys

thanks for the help

thinking of buying lomax's wheels

http://www.golfmkv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=24550

my golf+ is black aswell, so it would def be a one off!!! was thinking cos the golf+ is taller 19's should fit no prob.

mk5 experts help me.........

daveleeuk

I have a GTI on Forza
Car(s)
Golf
black on black - NICE that will look sweet as nuggets mate, i wish i had the money for them wheels, but i just paid for a load of bills and a big holiday!

bennylenny88

bora bora dude
Car(s)
Golf mk5 GTTDI 2.0
very nice! go for it! i have a 1.4 normal golf with 18" that had no rubbing. there was plenty of room for 19"s too with stock suspention

My GT TDI

The Ass Master
I'm running 19 and a 1.75' drop, and I only rub over big bumps.

You should be ok with a small drop if you wanted.

In my opion it would look better with the 19's.

Have fun with the new ride.. post some pics when you get it sorted.

Ram_Kev

Derbyshires Finest!
I all depends on what tyres you put on them surely, its about the Diameter of the Rubber and not necessarily the Rim Diameter

My GT TDI

The Ass Master
I all depends on what tyres you put on them surely, its about the Diameter of the Rubber and not necessarily the Rim Diameter

This is true, but if you increase the diameter of the rim and tyre you have the problem of the speedo not reading correctly because of the circumfrential length.

An increase in rim diameter= Decrease in tyre profile

This keeps the speedo about right.

19' = 35 profile
18' = 40 or something like that.

My GT TDI

The Ass Master
Ok dave, what didn't you get there?

I'll try and make more sense next time

Nobber

VAG Junkie
Car(s)
Leon R & Golf GTi
Dave, basically, as wheels get bigger profiles of the tyres that fit them generally get thinner..

So on a 17" wheel the tyres are usually 45mm thick.
On a 19" wheel, the tyres are usually 35mm thick.

daveleeuk

I have a GTI on Forza
Car(s)
Golf
I dont really need to know, but just interesting how new wheels changes speedo reading!

Im guessing (excuse simple terms) if you get new wheels, the circumferance is different to stock, and i guess the speedo works by how many times the wheel goes round so different size circ changes the readings accuracy?

My GT TDI

The Ass Master
Im guessing (excuse simple terms) if you get new wheels, the circumferance is different to stock, and i guess the speedo works by how many times the wheel goes round so different size circ changes the readings accuracy?

Thast pretty much the short and sweet of it