GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Cool Mods For Skint People v3

daveleeuk

I have a GTI on Forza
Car(s)
Golf
Okay Everyone,

I thought it might be a good idea to post mods which are decent and cheap, for those of us feeling the squeeze (£).

Rules are as follows: Please post the price (must be sub £100), a short description, a picture (if available) and a part number/place to get it from, and if possible a link would be good too.

If we can keep it a simple and informative thread, maybe it'll become sticky - so let's spread the knowledge peeps.

NB This thread is copied from an identical thread at uk-mkivs.net for mkivs by 'SamPet' which you can see here, I also posted it in the mkvs section of uk-mkivs.net which is viewable by clicking here

Hopefully this thread will provide you all with some useful infomation! :)

daveleeuk

I have a GTI on Forza
Car(s)
Golf
I'll go first, I suggest upgraded headlight bulbs, you can get them for well under £20 and they improve your vision by roughly 30%.

They are called H7 Bulbs, and give you that sexy xenon blue look for a lot less than xenon's themselves, you can get them by using this link

And you can see them here (sorry for small pic):

You can fit them yourself, the sidelights can be tricky but you should be OK. and DONT touch the glass bits on your bulbs when changing. Also ensure your existing bulbs are not hot before changing, lights are switched to off (0) and the keys are NOT in the ignition.

bennylenny88

bora bora dude
Car(s)
Golf mk5 GTTDI 2.0
if you want tinted tail lights like the R32 and dont want to spend about £100 on them then all you need is

newspaper 40p ish
masking tape £1?
tintspray £5

thats £6.40

just cover up the circles carefully and spray on :D the best thing is that you dont have to worry about legal issues with tinting them because theyre not actually covering your lights :wink:

i did about 4 coats and it turned out like this

Nobber

VAG Junkie
Car(s)
Leon R & Golf GTi
Inpro Smoked Turn signals/side repeaters. About £30 I think:

German Style Plates (not to everyones taste and not street legal). Around £50 from dubmeister and stubby ariel (VW sharran or new Honda civic like mine) about £20 from the respective dealer:

bennylenny88

bora bora dude
Car(s)
Golf mk5 GTTDI 2.0
just black, made of metal and you can just see it in that pic above. if you need another pic then ill send you one

daveleeuk

I have a GTI on Forza
Car(s)
Golf
oh no i see it, im not sure if i want one, iv just gone to loadsa hassle trying to get a bloody paint code from VW so i can get a shark fin matched!

bennylenny88

bora bora dude
Car(s)
Golf mk5 GTTDI 2.0
haha fair enough! but if you just went down to halfords they`ll have one and you dont need the code.

bennylenny88

bora bora dude
Car(s)
Golf mk5 GTTDI 2.0
another one is debadging.
all you need is some dental floss and something to get the glue off the car.
just grab the dental floss and start "sawing" from behind the badge and just clean it to get the glue off

My GT TDI

The Ass Master
If your looking for your paint codes the best place to look is in the boot under the boot lining (around the spare wheel). Thats where the garage found mine when they wanted the colour match the new front bumper.