Si Killer

RIP BOVICE
has over 600hp!

anyone hear about this?

MKV Aaron

Form Follows Function
Car(s)
Golf R
I hope they fix the reasons why the old V was a slow seller in the new one. The interior, axle hop, and differential whine/wear. If they do all three of those, and kept the power the same even, they would sell sike M3s and S4s no problem. They sold decent because of the 4 Door Vette nature of it. I love the V, but only seeing them, I would never own one.

Sayemthree

Ready to race!
I hope they fix the reasons why the old V was a slow seller in the new one. The interior, axle hop, and differential whine/wear. If they do all three of those, and kept the power the same even, they would sell sike M3s and S4s no problem. They sold decent because of the 4 Door Vette nature of it. I love the V, but only seeing them, I would never own one.

in addition to ergonomics, and interior they need to also improve the feedback and road feel of the CTS-v - its nothing like the feedback you get from a german car.

MKV Aaron

Form Follows Function
Car(s)
Golf R
I havent spent enough time in one to evaluate that aspect, but I am sure you are right. I have always liked the exterior of the V, but the interior is a joke.

Even though the V isnt what its german counterparts are, they are still nice. I dont think the improved road feel is enough to make them great though. The Audi and Merc dont have the steering and feel of BMW, but still sell better, and drive much better than the V. I think it will take all of the things stated by you and me to make the V a serious M/S/AMG contender. The new V needs to be stellar, since all 3 German manufacturers are coming out with a new series. The E92 M3, Mercedes C63 and B8 Audi S4/S5 and RS5 and the current RS4.

Si Killer

RIP BOVICE
they definitely need work on wheel hop and trans. the shift into 2nd from first is simply terrible. but after seeing cadillac redo the interior's on all their other cars, im sure the new v's interior will be on par with mercedes. as for the diff wear, my dad's v has 40k and no problems yet.

as for the other contenders, i dont think anyone is afraid of audi right now. as a fan of audi/vw, i gotta say their power is truly lacking and they need to lose some pounds. the new c63 looks promising as does the m3, but if they fix the problems with the first v, cadillac has a true contender with the m3 and even the m5.