GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Is it just me or did they just add the R32 to the VW site?

ibn

I Bite Nipples.
well i see you too, so you're not crazy.

brekdown29

J-O-O
Car(s)
GTI 7.5
No fog lights? That's weak.

BurntGauge

AWD > FWD
$33k...

I know it's underrated but competeing w/vastly quicker cars like the STi and Evo IX...I dunno how it survives. I know it's limited edition, only 5000, but still...you gotta wonder when you hit that stop light and you see a Mustang GT, 350Z, STi, Evo IX...your competition as they smoke you (if you're stock).

My guess would be the MkV Golf R36 would be like $38-40k. Doesnt even make it reasonable does it? Although it has better hp #'s at 280-290ish

KroenenMKV

Ready to race!
$33k...

I know it's underrated but competeing w/vastly quicker cars like the STi and Evo IX...I dunno how it survives. I know it's limited edition, only 5000, but still...you gotta wonder when you hit that stop light and you see a Mustang GT, 350Z, STi, Evo IX...your competition as they smoke you (if you're stock).

X2, the cost/performance ratio of the new R32 isn't too inspiring.

dpham00

Modérateur Emeritus
the r32 has been on the website for a while now

LBKEN41

Too close for missiles...
Car(s)
2007 UG GTI 2-door
Well this car is CLEARLY for the VW Golf enthusiast. With a sticker price like that and the limited number, I would venture to say VW is looking to just satisfy those out there who want to R32 and know it's history. I don't think they are looking to compete with the EVO or STi directly. This would be a good car to get used IMO.

Xhausted

Ready to race!
the cost/performance ratio of the new R32 isn't too inspiring. X4

I love the the car but I have to agree. :thumbdown: