GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

VW Dealerships are have the SHADIEST Sales Rep Department Around!

steeevo

Oval Newbie
VW Dealerships have the SHADIEST Sales Rep Department Around!

Been calling around about 20-30 different dealrships today constantly asking each one if they have a black magic pearl in package 2, 18's, and in stick shift and found one that i have been TRYING to deal with. I first call them today at around 2 pm ready basically buy the car and have them put the car to hold with a desposit of $500 but they give me the run-around. First telling me that they would honor the 2.9% financing rate that is going around this month and then telling me they would match Capistranos (another dealership) going price of $500 over invoice. So im like ok sounds good. Ask Dave, the sales manager, to send the paperwork over fax and let him know that im coming in within the next 3 hours to finish off the deal. He agrees....For about a couple hours. Dave calls me back at about 3 pm today and tells me if i dont come down any sooner the car is to be sold to another customer..Confused and thinking that i had been reassured, I was frustrated and asked Dave what had happened to our previous deal. He told me he could not honor it now could only offer the car at msrp + a free tank of gas...I had also asked to reassure about the financing rate and Dave had suddenly forgot about the special 2.9% financing rate that VW is offering this month. So i told him it was ok, i cant be down there so just let the car go to another customer. He agreed and we went our own ways.

At 5pm today, surprisingly i get a phone call from Dave again. Telling me the car was not sold and that it was still available to me. I asked him if we could work off the first deal that we worked with and he said that was not possible. I agreed it was not possible and let him know that i would not want to go through with the shady deal. So i went with plan B, call up capistrano and ask them if they could do a dealer trade with murrieta for the black gti. Capistrano agreed and tried to deal with Murrieta to send the car over there to do a decent trade with them. Murrieta said they had alreday "sold" the car today and that the dealer trade was not possible.

It seems like VW has been the hardest car company to deal with. I have had and still have mercedes, bmw, lexus, porsche, ford, and toyota and have not had ANY PROBLEMS trying to buy a car from them even when the models were at the prime and rare stage. I've NEVER experience SUCH childish play with a dealership that have such high honored cars. I am a customer willing to buy the car this week and have let Murrieta know that since the first conversation and it seems that money making has gone to theirs and all the other vw dealers heads except capistrano.

Sorry about the rant. Was just wondering if anyone else had such problems..

Last edited:

alf

Modwhoreator
Car(s)
2006 TR GTI
nah, i havent had the problems that you had. its always good to know sombody that knows somebody.

where exactly are you? down south here in houston i had no problems with my salesman, he did everything to get me the best price possible, i was able to get about $2000 in rebates.

im sorry to hear about your dilemma, its definantly shady in every aspect, but i mean, if u had the first deal in writing isnt that a binding contract? also you said you put down your $500 deposit, that basically should hold your car, nuff said.

they shouldntve sold the car to anyone else if you had already put money down on it IMO.

alf

KaynE

FIA World Rally Car Champion
I could get NO deals.

I think all Socal dealers have a freaking 2k markup.

But of course you have to bargain out of that.

h82bslo

Autocross Newbie
you need patience when it comes to making deals with the salesperson. it took me several weeks to score a good deal on my gti. good luck! :)

steeevo

Oval Newbie
h82bslo said:
you need patience when it comes to making deals with the salesperson. it took me several weeks to score a good deal on my gti. good luck! :)

If they're making you wait for a deal. You are being mistreated. They should cater to your needs, whether your a business man or a student, our occupations does not allow us to waste time trying to play cat and mouse with the salesperson. I have no problems making deals as i have learned and helped my parents get numorous high end cars with no childish play. My statement still stands even though i got my gti, California VW dealers are among the MOST shadiest dealers. If i had to shop again for a vw, I would look at their competitors longer and harder in a heart beat. Im just waiting for that day to take my car in to the dealer for its first oil change, I can only imagine what their service is like.

KaynE

FIA World Rally Car Champion
VW Pasadena gives the worst service in my opinion.
I told them the airbag fault was the harnesses' problem.

Took them 3 hours to fix it. What a drag.

HotLanta MKfizzle

Formula 5000 Driver
It's not really brand specific. You could get that kinda of BS anywhere. I've heard of shady shit at BMW and Benz dealerships, and I've heard people talking great about KIA and Saturn, so go figure. 2.9% for how many months??? never heard of that low of a figure... PS: UR probablly in Walnut Creek CA, check out Boardwalk VW in Redwood City CA, just go there and ask for a tech named John, tell him Danny sent you, he'll get you to the right sales person.

Wild Hare

.: MR. BIG STUFF :.
Car(s)
2015 Golf R (TUNED)
There is good & bad everywhere. Just need to network with VW fans in your area to find out who to deal with IMHO.

kkittogti

Passed Driver's Ed
Wild Hare said:
Just need to network with VW fans in your area to find out who to deal with IMHO.

Yes... So Who should I buy My Mk5 from in SoCal and Where?
I want to buy GTI Pkg 0 Candy white 6spd Manual with 18" Huf. this weekend if possible.

LMK :headbang:

HotLanta MKfizzle

Formula 5000 Driver
kkittogti said:
Yes... So Who should I buy My Mk5 from in SoCal and Where?
I want to buy GTI Pkg 0 Candy white 6spd Manual with 18" Huf. this weekend if possible.

LMK :headbang:

Go to Nor-Cal, catch a greyhound or fly up and go to Boardwalk VW in Redwood City CA, they'll treat you right and you'll get a good deal.

atomoverride

Ruler of Omicron Persei 8
my advice, goto a dealership and be ready to buy the car you find that you want. Dealerships up here are wierd, this one sales lady I talked to ended up quitting. makes me wonder. Then they wanted me to come in and fill out finance paperwork but the car that I put a hold on was 1 month away from being here, I was like theres no way I am paying for a car I cant drive right now.

I ended up waiting for a few min and finaly a black magic gti just got delivered and I took that one. it didnt have mats, but was package 2 was only missing the navigation also had sirus but I wanted xm. So I settled.

atomoverride said:
I ended up waiting for a few min and finaly a black magic gti just got delivered and I took that one. it didnt have mats, but was package 2 was only missing the navigation also had sirus but I wanted xm. So I settled.
settled for sirius... that is where your wrong... jk but what i thought pkg 2 was navi

do these good deals usually take hours, days, weeks, months.... those with the good deals... anyone just go to the dealership and say "i know this guy, get me a good priced gti today"?

atomoverride

Ruler of Omicron Persei 8
Yeah sirius sounds ok. its a keeper. package 2 is leather and all that jazz. nav is extra 2k from dealer.

Anyways it takes about 2 hours to finish with financing and all that crap. REALLY PISSES ME OFF, next time I am going to get pre-approved from my credit union and walk in with a check.

GTi Fanatic said:
settled for sirius... that is where your wrong... jk but what i thought pkg 2 was navi

do these good deals usually take hours, days, weeks, months.... those with the good deals... anyone just go to the dealership and say "i know this guy, get me a good priced gti today"?

sonomamkvdsg

7 time F1 Champ
Car(s)
2006 MKV DSG TR
I bought my MKV at Team VW of Daly City and the Sales Manager Mike Evans was great. He owns a CW MKv with H&R sport springs and 18" hefewhatevers and loves the product. He has owned several GTi's over the years and treated me really well. Anyone in Northern California who is looking at V.W.'s needs to go there. It was a pleasure buying a Dub from a fellow GTi owner. He also told me that he would take care of me on accessories.

Last edited: