GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Previous Alfa Romeo Owners?

mikeyc

Passed Driver's Ed
With all respect to the other sections of this great forum, i figured the most chances of finding any previous Alfa owners would be on this european section.

I was wondering if any of you current Mk5 GTI owners were alfa romeo 147/156/GT owners before making the change to the german 2 litre turbo? If yes, how do you feel about the change in general?

Im one of these for about three months now, having moved to a candy white, 5 door manual GTI, from a 2 litre 5 door manual alfa 147. In full honesty i kind of miss the 147, with its special interior and sketchy gear box!

blur32

Ready to race!
had 3 Alfas before the R32 (1st Gen 156, 1st Gen 147Ti & 2nd Gen 156 GTA)....I'll never go back to those shoddy, unreliable pieces of crap.....

Mind you, I miss the interiors and the looks!

Morph

Ready to race!
Even better: I still own a Alfa 156 Sportwagon 1e gen :) It's a (chipped) 1.9 JTD, so I can't compare it to the GTI really performance wise. Offcourse the GTI is faster,better built,.... The Alfa for me is a good looking reliable (!) car, It's got about 200.000 km on it now and in the 2 year I own it (bought second hand @ 150.000 km), it actually never let me down :)

I just enjoy driving them both :)