GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

New NISSAN GtR vs. German Cars

Maximum6

FASTER
Just curious what's your oppinion on the new Nissan GtR. I know its not out yet and the oppinions can only be formed from what we have seen in spy videos, news, etc.

But what do you guys think about the GtR going against the best German Engineers has to offer.

So far I've heard news that the GtR is doing faster lap times than the
Porsche 996 Gt2. Plus the fact that it is 3.5L if I'm not mistaken makes it a smaller engine...and knowing Nissan they pushed the engine towards the middle to balance the car out alot more. It's also has a very smart 4wd system.

What's you guys' oppinion on the car that can match it.
I thought if it can beat go against porsche and possibly even beat it that's incredible.

If money was not the issue would you buy a GtR or some other car?
Based on luxury, performance, lap times, 1/4 mile times.

emanuel_v19

Ready to race!
Dude, the nissan is for speed freaks. Or should i say freaks only. No offense. There for performance only. I would never pay 100k for a nissan either. Better yet, i would only if it came from German engineering

CalBoyTex

Banned
Car(s)
2006 GTI
That car is just for show. I mean its beautiful and has alot of power under the hood. I wouldnt no 100k for it. I would pay 40-50k for it.. not double that.

Jsmitty

5 meters spread, no sound
For years the Japanese wanted to take their cars into German territory. Now with a new time ahead of us. It's their chance to show what they are bringing to the table. But the classics will always show the test of their time.

Felix

Ready to race!
Car(s)
VW Golf GTI MK 5
According to the car mag I read, that new Nissan GTR is powered by a 4.5l V8 twin turbo, 550hp. 0-60 in 3.4secs.
Not easy to beat those numbers, the mag even said that it will be a tough fight against the Enzo Ferrari...
Hard to believe, isn't it...

Maximum6

FASTER
4.5l???

What ever happened to them saying they were going to use a VQ engine that would be 3.5L or so ...straight from the 350z.. but packed with a Twin Turbo..making it 450hp or so.

Felix

Ready to race!
Car(s)
VW Golf GTI MK 5
4.5l???

What ever happened to them saying they were going to use a VQ engine that would be 3.5L or so ...straight from the 350z.. but packed with a Twin Turbo..making it 450hp or so.

Well, different mags tells different stories. I guess is still under tight wrap at this stage, so people are just assuming things..
The truth will reveal itself once the car is officially released at international motorshows.

The new gt-r is going to be a twin turbo'ed v6....
I doubt a 70-100k car can compete with an enzo, thats why they brought along a Porsche turbo alongside it on the nurburing.