GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Engine/Oil Treatment Opinions..

davesee

FIA GT Champion
I've never had a new car before, and I've always used oil treatment in the past.. Whats everyone's opinion on using it in the mkv?

Is this even applicable to engines running synthetic oil?

I appreciate any input!

Wild Hare

.: MR. BIG STUFF :.
Car(s)
2015 Golf R (TUNED)
Seriuosly, if you have to use a treatment or additive... you are using the wrong oil.

I use Amsoil and have never had a problem and the 0w30 can save as much as 8% in gas mileage. 5w40 is also good.

davesee

FIA GT Champion
well, i am not "needing" to use additive.. nor ever "had" to. i am looking at more of a prolonging process. but i suppose that oil has come along enough to not require treatments..

Wild Hare

.: MR. BIG STUFF :.
Car(s)
2015 Golf R (TUNED)
That is true!

NYDUB

Drag Racing Champion
I agree with Wild Hare on this. Use a good quality Synthetic oil, use approved Filters and change it on a regular basis and you'll have no problem. I've had cars and trucks that I've put 125k, to 175k miles on and never once had a problem with the engines or had them apart. Start a regular maintenance program and stick to it and your car will last.

RHYS

Ready to race!
I aggree additives are a waste and can also cause damage to the motor, synthetic mobil 1 is my choice, porsche amg bmw ferarri ect.. use this oil.

rossco63

Autocross Newbie
RHYS said:
I aggree additives are a waste and can also cause damage to the motor, synthetic mobil 1 is my choice, porsche amg bmw ferarri ect.. use this oil.

I'm glad to hear what you guys are using. Mobil 1. I wasn't sure what to use myself since I've never had a car that requires synthetic oil. Is it due to the demands the turbo puts on oil viscosity or???

I see you've got an Oettinger GTI, that's cool. I just read about them in last month's R and T mag. How do you like it? They said it was a good alternative to the R32 which may not even be imported to the usa. It comes with a choice of 3 different engine configs. :drool:

962dreamer

Schumacher wannabe
Car(s)
2006 GTI
Engine Oil Treatment Options

Continue to use the factory rated synthetics with appropriate filters at the recommended intervals and be sure to punish a few Acuras along the way.

Hope this helps -

Mary and Phil

Passed Driver's Ed
I've never had a new car before, and I've always used oil treatment in the past.. Whats everyone's opinion on using it in the mkv?

Is this even applicable to engines running synthetic oil?

I appreciate any input!

i put in stp's treatment to see what happens since it supposedly cuts down on oil consumption. i think my car uses castrol.

is an octane additive ok? i put in 101+ and don't really see any improvement.