GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Velocity 17 gtg? North Jersey/NYC

Meat

rack rack 'em
Car(s)
2007 GTI [DSG]
Anybody interested in heading over to Velocity 17? It's in Maywood, NJ. 1 mile from the Garden State Mall in Paramus and 5 minutes from the GWB (spare traffic).

It looks like a pretty cool place that just opened up. It has an indoor electric go-cart track with a supposedly technical layout and even some banked turns. The cars get up to 35mph but are capable of 60 (but only in league races). They also have an F1 simulator, Police/Military Arms simulator, and an F-18 simulator.

All in all it looks like a cool place.

JoeShmo

moved on.
Car(s)
09 335I / 07 GTI
Just a heads up, to race you have to join the place, which is a one time $20 fee, and 7 laps is $18. So your first time there be prepared to put out $38 for 7 laps. Another thing to keep in mind is that if you have a provisional license (no matter what age) you cannot ride the big boy carts, and are stuck on the 'juniors'. I'd be game for a meet there, but my time is verrrry rarely free in the next few weeks. If somebody plans something I'll try and make it out.

Meat

rack rack 'em
Car(s)
2007 GTI [DSG]
Yeah, I'm aware of the price, but from what I've heard it's worth it the first time. And I'm 18 so I can ride the big carts. Maybe one night this week we can organize something, if not, then the week after.

Mango

Gym Rat
Car(s)
07' GTI, 07' SRT8
I say lets do it. :)

JoeShmo

moved on.
Car(s)
09 335I / 07 GTI
monday tuesday and thursday ive got meets, so yeah.. any time other than that and i might be down.

NJGTI

BOOSTAHOLIC!
Car(s)
MKV 06 DSG GTI
Friday night is also good for me