GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Chipped and Fuel Pump Issues

griss1310

Touring Car Champion
I read somewhere that some of our cars were produced with an "older" fuel pump, and then at some point they transitioned over to a newer, better fuel pump. I also read that if you have one of these older fuel pumps (and the only way to tell is by physically looking at it under the hood), you may experience surging when chipped. Has anyone experienced this? I am about to chip my car, but perhaps I need to ascertain which fuel pump I have?

dwl137

Touring Car Champion
Special Note Regarding Fuel Pumps on the 2.0T: There is some debate regarding the performance effects of the high pressure fuel pump, found in the engine bay and required to produce the extremely high fuel pressures of the FSI system. The factory has superceded the high pressure pump part number from 06F127025B to 06F127025F. There is no definite cutoff date when cars began coming equipped with the 06F127025F part number, and the only real way to tell which pump your car has is to remove the engine covers and look at the part number on top of the high pressure pump. On the B7 chassis A4, the pump is located near the firewall at the end of the fuel rail as in the below picture. On all other 2.0T cars, it is found at the end of the fuel rail towards the driver side front of the car.

If your vehicle is equipped with the old part number pump 06F127025B, we recommend using the Sport Flashloader chip program available for your vehicle to prevent surging issues, especially if you have an aftermarket high flow cat and exhaust system. GIAC has done extensive testing on multiple 2.0T vehicles and has found a correlation between surging with higher boost levels with the old pump number. If your vehicle is equipped with the new part number pump 06F127025F, you can opt for the X-Chip Flashloader file if available.

From Here

ukdub

Test Pilot
That part has been replaced again
New number is 06F127025H

initialGTI

Ready to race!
You can also check by using vagcom and loggin block 002 and 205