GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Removing Resonator

staulkor

V-Dubber
Car(s)
VW GTI MkV Fahrenhei
I know I can probly ask some local shops like Meineke, or something along those lines, but does anybody know any relatively local shops that can do it for dirt cheap (or free? :thumbup: )

Also, if you had your resonator removed, where did you get it done and for how much, if you dont minde me asking.

ssmith

Mk?R
Car(s)
mkV gti
i got mine removed, and welded a straight pipe in there for 75 bucks. yeah just go to a local muffler shop and theyll do it for pretty cheap. Maryland Muffler did a good job.

ShadowGLI

Sandy Vagina Rinser Outer
Car(s)
2006 GLI w/ DSG
I have heard of many people having this done for $30-40 which to me is dirt cheap.. its alot cheaper than 600+ for the Catback.. bite the bullet..

staulkor

V-Dubber
Car(s)
VW GTI MkV Fahrenhei
I have heard of many people having this done for $30-40 which to me is dirt cheap.. its alot cheaper than 600+ for the Catback.. bite the bullet..

:eyebulge:

LivEToDrivE

FIA World Rally Car Newbie
Car(s)
GTI
I called one of the meineke's in my area, they wanted $100 I laughed and hung up..>I want to get my res deleted before I put the AWE DP on next weekend....

staulkor

V-Dubber
Car(s)
VW GTI MkV Fahrenhei
I went to Maryland Muffler at Rt. 3 and 32 in Millersville and they said between $40 and 50. I'm gonna save up some money and get it done there unless I can find cheaper (which I doubt) :D

Thisbunnyroars

Ready to race!
Car(s)
06 gti
Yea i'v called like 5 places and they all wanted over $100.....I can't find anywhere near frederick that will do it for less

staulkor

V-Dubber
Car(s)
VW GTI MkV Fahrenhei
I just got it done like an hour ago at Tony's Custom Muffler in Glen Bernie, MD for $40 DOLLARS! Took them all of 15 minutes. I haven't jacked up my car to look at the pipe they put on, but Tony's was recommended to me by a guy on vortex. He said they replaced his resonator with a nice, thick, aluminized pipe (welded).

They are a bit hard to find, but they are on Rt. 3 right after Clauss' Liquor Store back in the faaaar back of the little industrial park. A lot of car shops back there.

ShadowGLI

Sandy Vagina Rinser Outer
Car(s)
2006 GLI w/ DSG
I just got it done like an hour ago at Tony's Custom Muffler in Glen Bernie, MD for $40 DOLLARS! Took them all of 15 minutes. I haven't jacked up my car to look at the pipe they put on, but Tony's was recommended to me by a guy on vortex. He said they replaced his resonator with a nice, thick, aluminized pipe (welded).

They are a bit hard to find, but they are on Rt. 3 right after Clauss' Liquor Store back in the faaaar back of the little industrial park. A lot of car shops back there.

Told ya guys.. if you pay more than $50 they are just dickin ya :thumbsup:

staulkor

V-Dubber
Car(s)
VW GTI MkV Fahrenhei

Hi-C

Passed Driver's Ed
I recently called a Midas shop that's on my way home and they said they wouldn't do it at all. He said people are getting in trouble for it and having to re-install them. Anyone have any experience with that? I'm thinking it's BS (or that he thought I meant the cat or something.) I know FFX County cops can be uppity, but I didn't think the resonator delete made it that loud, especially compared to all the ricer Civics, etc., around here.