GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Connecticut GTI's

CT-GTI

Drag Racing Champion
Whats up all?
I've had my Black Magic GTI since mid-March.
Black Magic Pearl, Pkg 1 with Sirius. All else = Stock.
Added intimidating "eyelids".
Tint coming soon, (any suggestions where to go?)
It was purchased at Valenti VW in Waterown from Mark.
I got my last 3 GTI's from him and wouldn't go anywhere else.

I'm just curious who else from CT is on this site.
I travel throughout Litch and Fairfield counties daily.
I'm starting to see a few more brothers out and about.
Usually I see a United Gray down around Stamford on I-95
and sometimes a Tornado Red in the same vicinity.

If your from CT and are a member here,
let me know where you're at and what you've got.

I hope to See ya around.

Last edited:

themoesae

Passed Driver's Ed
Hopefully soon there will be another one on the road in the Fairfield County area. I am moving down there within the next month and the moment I have a new adress im going out and buying a GTI:thumbup: . Where did you buy yours at? Im probably going to buy mine at Curran; no clue who will cut the best deals down there.

Xeper8

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
MkV GTI
Hey hey! I was about to post a thread about the same exact thing - luckily you had already done the work for me.

I have a Black Magic MkV GTI and I live in Danbury - work in Wilton.

** Edit - and themoesae, until recently I worked at the Volkswagen Dealership in Danbury and I'm friends with everyone that works there. I'd be more than happy to introduce you to some of my friends there because I assure you that they won't screw you over :) Cheers!

MachSchnell

Rally Car Champion
Live in Wethersfield and can be spotted all over the greater Hartford area :)

My office is in West Hartford and I travel through Newington to get there..

My GTI is Reflex Silver, pckg1, 18" Huff wheels. The guy driving is usually smiling because he likes his new car

Last edited:

CT-GTI

Drag Racing Champion
Guys, on top of saying where you live and travel to work, please say what your specs are for the new GTI.
I'm just curious what colors are floating around CT.
And if we see a specific color in a specific area,
others here may realize it's you.
Unless you want to stay anonymous,
which I would never understand being a phat GTI owner.
We should all be proud.

I'm just glad CT is finally representin' here at GolfMkV.com
I hope to see you all around the "Dont Tread on Me State."

Flying_Finn

Drag Race Newbie
Front plates in CT

I'm shopping for one.. havent found my FAST yet... but got me thinking.

Just moved into the state, so I'm new but whats the deal with plates in CT? I see some cars without the front plate, and some with it?

Are you allowed to drive without it or whats the deal?

-Finn

Supratgti

GTI Sold
Flying_Finn said:
I'm shopping for one.. havent found my FAST yet... but got me thinking.

Just moved into the state, so I'm new but whats the deal with plates in CT? I see some cars without the front plate, and some with it?

Are you allowed to drive without it or whats the deal?

-Finn

Front plates need to be on for connecticut unless you want to run the risk of a ticket and a trip to DMV for inspection and ill tell you one thing CT DMV people ARE NOT friendly at all.

Flying_Finn

Drag Race Newbie
Supratgti, thanks for the info!

What about those smoked plastic covers on top of the plates?

Just picked up the UG GTI. I drive around the Shelton area and route 8.

I havent seen a single GTI around here yet! Gotta respect rarity (if you are into that type of thing).

-Finn

Supratgti

GTI Sold
Cops will only allow clear plastic covers on plates. anything with a tint on the plastic covers or hides ANYTHING of the whole plate they dont like specially DMV. Yes i know CT sucks. specially the cops... very very picky. also if your going to tint your windows def make sure its state limit cause they will pull over anyone with tints just to send them to dmv. Ive been pulled over in hartford with my supra for tints.. i have tints on my rear and rear sides not on the front two and cop comes up and hes like well you have illegal tints im not no i dont and hes like roll your window up and clear as day no tint and he gos oh..... well your rear sides are illegal. They just nit pick EVERYTHING on your car. dont get me wrong i so have respect for cops just not ones that give me a hard time when i do NOTHING wrong

Flying_Finn

Drag Race Newbie
Thanks for the info!

Talking about tinting, do you know of any reputable good quality tint shops?

I havent been able to find that many (yellow pages + internet) and I would really appreciate a tip on a good tint shop.

The state limit for tintin is 35% right? Im probably not gonna go to the limit, im thinking maybe something like 50% or 40% or around that ballpark.

-Finn

RJS5689

FIA GT Champion
Car(s)
2006 MKV GTI
Supratgti said:
Cops will only allow clear plastic covers on plates. anything with a tint on the plastic covers or hides ANYTHING of the whole plate they dont like specially DMV. Yes i know CT sucks. specially the cops... very very picky. also if your going to tint your windows def make sure its state limit cause they will pull over anyone with tints just to send them to dmv. Ive been pulled over in hartford with my supra for tints.. i have tints on my rear and rear sides not on the front two and cop comes up and hes like well you have illegal tints im not no i dont and hes like roll your window up and clear as day no tint and he gos oh..... well your rear sides are illegal. They just nit pick EVERYTHING on your car. dont get me wrong i so have respect for cops just not ones that give me a hard time when i do NOTHING wrong
In NY, NOTHING can cover your plates

Xeper8

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
MkV GTI
I still have yet to put my front plate on my GTI and I've had it for 3 months ... I just can't bring myself to do it. :)