GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

With Chip and/or exhaust, do I need a Diverter Valve?

griss1310

Touring Car Champion
Hey guys, my friend with an mk4 really recommended that I get a diverter valve when I get chipped. Is this a must?

nomad

FIA World Rally Car Newbie
nope, the diverter valve has no performance effects, it just amplifies the noise of your turbo's woosh thing :D

edit: to further explain, on your friends mk4, its probibly a 1.8t, which uses a real bov, on the 2.0t's it uses an atmospheric something arother lol, its differant tho ;) so our's has no performance gain compaired to his which does. :D

hope this helped!

p.s. it sure does make it sounds sweet tho and its a cheap little fun mod and its easy to install!

bennylenny88

bora bora dude
Car(s)
Golf mk5 GTTDI 2.0
is it only for turbos?

Rabbit82

Touring Car Newbie
if u want the whoosh whooosh sound get the Forge Spacer...u dont gain anything its just a sound mod..

McPsycho

Rally Car Champion
i was gonna order the forger spacer yesterday but they were out of stock from the site i was looking at which had for $68 shipped, but then i was thinking, some people were saying it starts to get annoying after a while of hearing it, so do you guys think it would be better to just spend the extra money and get the adjustable one so i can control the amount of "whoosh"?

trevor

Southeast Forum Dictator
Car(s)
Subaru WRX STI
McPsycho V said:
i was gonna order the forger spacer yesterday but they were out of stock from the site i was looking at which had for $68 shipped, but then i was thinking, some people were saying it starts to get annoying after a while of hearing it, so do you guys think it would be better to just spend the extra money and get the adjustable one so i can control the amount of "whoosh"?
:wub:

DBCPerformance

OEM & AFTERMARKET PARTS
Car(s)
An Imaginary GT2
that is what i am thinking:wink:

McPsycho V said:

nbturbos

Passed Driver's Ed
Ok, the 1.8t and the 2.0t are completely different animals. DVs for the 2.0t are not available after market yet. They are electromagnetically controlled by the ECU, an upgrade to it is not necessary or available yet.

Don't follow any of the rules for the 1.8t on this motor, I've had both and it's apples and oranges. :)

I have the spacer, and yes it can get annoying, at 2lbs or 17lbs it sounds exactly the same, it's not the agressive wooshing sound I was used to with the greddy I had on my bug, but my bug was a freak all in it's own.

You'll be fine. Chip it and enjoy it.

Wild Hare

.: MR. BIG STUFF :.
Car(s)
2015 Golf R (TUNED)
HotLanta MKfizzle said:
I think the stock sound is good enough...
ditto!

griss1310

Touring Car Champion
Thanks guys. My friend was saying that it wasn't for performance gains, but actually as a safety precaution due to the heightened performance from the chip. Sounds like he was smoking crack though. Stock sound is good enough for me.

nomad

FIA World Rally Car Newbie
crack will lead to bad automotive advise... ;) lol!

ABT_V_GTI

Go Kart Newbie
get the diverer is protecing ur turbo... if u have a cazry mod on ur car... for K03 on 2.0T... u won't need it... unless u r planning to get bigger turbo kit...