GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

ESP question

R-Mac06

HO-Town Down!
Car(s)
06 UG GTI
advantage/dis for esp (in on or off mode) when you really "get on it" and when you are just crusing? any info would be appreciated.

nomad

FIA World Rally Car Newbie
lol esp is like the fun on/off button. when you turn it off, the fun turns on ;)

davesee

FIA GT Champion
i've found that while "getting on it" the esp imho is a disadvantage because i can adjust the throttle better than letting it cut out on me.. this is especially important while accellerating while taking a corner. when it cuts out you loose more forward motion than if a wheel were to briefly spin.

In rainy situations and everyday driving i think its good to keep it on so it can do its thing!!

trevor

Southeast Forum Dictator
Car(s)
Subaru WRX STI
BLACKMAGICGTI'06 said:
I have an issue with when the esp is off and i "try" to leave a stretch i guess it's wheel hop but the whole car chatters REALLY BAD i mean loud ass banging sound, it could be coming out of the tranny or clutch anyone else have this or heard of it???

It's just wheel hop. This car wheel hops harder than anything ive ever ridden in before, lol.

loccusst

FIA GT Champion
Car(s)
MKV GTI
Never had the wheel hop. But, then again I raced alot in my civic before I got this car and that wheel hoped like a B#tch. So I know how to control it. Just so you know...wheel hop is not good on a car.

nomad

FIA World Rally Car Newbie
i had a crx before this, and wow. that little sob would wheel hop bad because in the D-series crx's the tranny sits under the passenger side so one side of the axle is shorter than the other, so it'd litteraly hop side to side xD, it looked funny as hell when id drag race my friends lol!

frank2287

Touring Car Newbie
To prevent wheels hop try to lower your car do suspension work. And The other thing is your giving to much gas and when you think ur going faster your really loosing time because the power isnt getting to the floor. So when lauching it dont hit the gas down all the sway. being smooth means being fast. you will learn this kind of stuff if you ever go on the track. I think every one should go on the track to learn how to drive there car!!

damo

Oval Newbie
Thats what i've always been taught, whether your at the track or just crusing around. A good driver is smooth and a fast driver is even smoother !!