GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

So...I had to get rid of my GTI...

thomaschh

Banned
I don't know if anyone here has been following my saga of misfire and other problems with my car but I decided this weekend that I had to call it quits and get something else. I had my GTI for almost a year and it had been in the shop at least 15 times, 6 of them for the same problem (misfires causing CELs). I had dropped my car off at the dealer last Friday and said to them that if I don't get it back with the problem finally resolved within one week I wanted out. And so guess what? They still can't figure out what's wrong with it.

I liked my GTI, but at a certain point you ahve to give up on something. I didn't lemon it because I would have lost over $5,000 because of how many miles were on it. But I did get a very, very good price for it as a trade in and since I had threatened to lemon it and since I've bought two other cars at that dealer in the past they cut me a deal on my new ride. I got $21,000 for my car as a trade in (blue book on it was $19,500) and I got a low miles Passat W8 4-motion with a 3-year bumper-to-bumper platinum warranty for only $500 more. Blue book of that car is over $25,000. :thumbsup:

Overall, yes, I'm pissed about the GTI, but I'm pretty damn happy with my 280hp Passat too. And hey, I've now got 4wd.

I hope you guys never have to go through what I went through. I'll be around on the forums still too - at least for a while. :thumbup:

heftylefty

golfmkv elitist -_-
i saw a car listed in craigslist and saw your sig pic at the bottom...i had a feeling it might have been you but wasnt sure...sucks to hear about your gti, but man i that passat is badass. atleast you stuck with vw:)

thats crazy though with your misfires. ive had my car for a year now and not one problem...

VDubVirus

Euro-Elitist Moderator
Car(s)
2012 A3 S-Line 2.0T
That sucks man. I do remember you saying you were thinking about gettin rid of your GTI. You had better stick around the forums! and you better come out to our GTG's still too!

rollenbu

Post Whore Extrodinare!
Car(s)
White 05 Touareg
Bad times...I can totally understand trading in your GTI if it was having issues...I hope you stick around on the forums and still come to the GTGs...besides, we gotta see the new whip!!

Wild Hare

.: MR. BIG STUFF :.
Car(s)
2015 Golf R (TUNED)
Those W8's are badass!

crabpot

Awesomesauce
That sucks man, sounds like a lemon to me. I haven't had one problem with mine either.

I'd certainly love to take a look at the W8 though, never seen one in person.

Sorry to hear about your GTI experience, but glad to hear that you kept it in the VW family.

:thumbsup:

John/Cue\Publik

Speed>stance
Car(s)
2007 Rabbit
so you had problems with a 2.0T so you got a W8... do you know what you just got yourself into? Tons of fun but I hope theres a waranty somewhere in all this because those things break and cost a ton to fix. I'm talking techs are gonna run straight time not book time to fix it expensive

VDubVirus

Euro-Elitist Moderator
Car(s)
2012 A3 S-Line 2.0T
I hope theres a waranty somewhere in all this......

Are you kidding? Did you even read the origional post????? :iono:

I got a low miles Passat W8 4-motion with a 3-year bumper-to-bumper platinum warranty for only $500 more. Blue book of that car is over $25,000.[/IMG]

lol
:thumbsup:

John/Cue\Publik

Speed>stance
Car(s)
2007 Rabbit
I read it but trust when thats up be afraid be very afraid and make sure you replace your timing belt tensioner when told to