GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Rial Nogaro 18's

azmcs

FIA World Rally Car Champion
Anyone using these wheels yet? Talked to Alex at tirerack and he didn't have the full specs on the 18's yet. He said the 17's will work for sure on the Mk V but he didn't have the offset to see if the 18's would fit. These look great, and I would love to consider them. I just fear the offset is gonna be +35 only:mad: :mad:

JJ-R32

Administrator
Staff member
azmcs: I think the Nogaros come in all sorts of offsets so you may have to wait for them to give you the full range of options for the MK5.

Also, have you looked into the ASA AR-1 wheels? I know tirerack carries this wheel and it comes in fitments for the MK5 also and look similar look - here's pics (18" ASA AR-1 Wheels (45 offset) 225/40/18 tires)

GTI2007

azmcs said:
Anyone using these wheels yet? Talked to Alex at tirerack and he didn't have the full specs on the 18's yet. He said the 17's will work for sure on the Mk V but he didn't have the offset to see if the 18's would fit. These look great, and I would love to consider them. I just fear the offset is gonna be +35 only:mad: :mad:

The 18" version of the Rial Nogaro is available in ET 35 and in ET 40. According to their site http://www.rial.de/

azmcs

FIA World Rally Car Champion
Thanks for the responses guys!

Yeah I looked at the ASA's but for some reason I think of them as RGR rip offs. Which they kind of are as ASA has permission from BBS to use the same casting. They are cool.

The thing about the Rial's is they are relatively new and more uncommon manufacturer than ASA or BBS.

Cheers!

hakgwai

Touring Car Newbie
Car(s)
BMP GTI
JJ-R32 said:
azmcs: I think the Nogaros come in all sorts of offsets so you may have to wait for them to give you the full range of options for the MK5.

Also, have you looked into the ASA AR-1 wheels? I know tirerack carries this wheel and it comes in fitments for the MK5 also and look similar look - here's pics (18" ASA AR-1 Wheels (45 offset) 225/40/18 tires)

How much do these cost?

erick.s

Autocross Champion
I'm thinking about going with the Nogaros too. Tire Rack won't have them until May 15 in 18" (according to Alex). He also told me that Tire Rack won't recommend the wheel for MKVs because ET40 is too far from factory spec. They will sell them to you, but they won't show up in a search for MKVs on their site. Hopefully that means you won't see too many people running around with them. Those ASAs look pretty similar though. They will be $219 a wheel, but they don't know the weight yet.

Wantagti

insufficient funds
Car(s)
Chevy Suburban Z71
I think both of those look sweet. I believe the Rial's are quite a bit less money at $199 each and 22lbs. I didn't see the AR1's on tirerack.

erick.s

Autocross Champion
Do the ASAs in 18x8 come in a et45? Alex at the tire rack says they're only available in et35 at that size, but I thought someone here said they came in 45?

revaudi

Oval Newbie
Nurendra said:
I think FUZE on the 'tex has 'em.
Actually, FUZE's are RH Crossline wheels in 19, about $400 for the one piece and $890 for the 3 piece. I believe those are the 3 piece.

Wild Hare

.: MR. BIG STUFF :.
Car(s)
2015 Golf R (TUNED)
Black car needs black centers with a polished lip and it will look Bitchin!

Nurendra

Autocross Champion
revaudi said:
Actually, FUZE's are RH Crossline wheels in 19, about $400 for the one piece and $890 for the 3 piece. I believe those are the 3 piece.

Oops sorry about that :redface: