GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Done deal

malkatraz

Touring Car Newbie
Wahey!

I paid my deposit today and picking up my white Golf GTi with DSG, bi-xenon lights, and sunroof late June. Managed to knock a few k off the price and had tinting thrown in for good measure. One happy customer.

Quick Q : Financing. Anyone recommend the best financing people to go with?

Thanks all for your responses to my previous msg. It helped tip the balance towards purchasing the Golf GTi.

gjbello

Ready to race!
I've researched all the major banks and some smaller ones too (I'm in the same boat). I've gotten quotes over the phone from all and Westpac seems to be the best. There's also Esanda (ANZ) and RACV that seem cheap also (i.e. overall loan + interest and fortnightly/monthly payments). Can anyone else expand? Perhaps I missed something..?

bw_gti

Passed Driver's Ed
Congrats malkatraz! Did you pick up a cancelled order? I ordered mine nearly 2 months ago and I'm being told September at this stage - oh well it's better than the original date when I ordered - FEB 07!!

I've never purchased a VW but I'm guessing that VW Finance will be pricey. I've heard Esanda are pretty good.

sublyme

Touring Car Champion
Well Im actually going through a local credit union here, which is the Karpaty Ukranian Credit Union (although im not Ukranian). They seemed to offer the best rates that I could find so I ended up going with them. They're small but as long as they offer good deals then why not? :D

SSS_Hoon

Touring Car Champion
Car(s)
Nissan Pulsar SSS
how much did u pick it up for?

our loan(i mean her loan) i think is 6.9% over 5 years paying monthly on 45k.

mine is 20k 7 years weekly and 10%(oh my god i know)

SSS_Hoon

Discotheque

Go Kart Champion
I got mine at 6.75% over 5 years with a 35% residual, that was through the dealer with GE Finance, the next best I could find was 6.95% (also with GE but through a broker). The only thing with that rate is the minimum borrow was $50k so depending on what options you picked you might not reach that level.

malkatraz

Touring Car Newbie
Cheers everyone.

To answer a few Q's :

= Yes, it's a cancelled order - that's why I'm able to get it so quick.
= Drive away price was just over $45k (DSG, xenon, sunroof) - but I'll need to register and pay stamp duty once I get it back here.
= Not sure on financing yet, as in who to go with, but considering all options.

Another quick Q seeing as I'll be driving it back to the ACT : How should I treat the car speedwise? ie: Is it a given that I'll need to baby the car (sit below 100) till about 500kms then cut loose or ?

Also - is it possible to get the 18" Hufweisen wheels here in Australia ? Is so - where and how much?

Cheers.

I'll post pics once I collect the car. Should be able to take some nice shots on the great ocean road.

Kirium

Go Kart Champion
My white, manual, xenon, sunroof is arriving in a few weeks.. It's on the boat now. :thumbsup: I'll keep a lookout for you around town. If we start getting a few more Canberrans on here we'll have to start organising some cruises... :thumbup:

I'm getting it from out of town too... Lennock VW sucks...

I paid a bit over $47k on road. No real discount for me. I ordered mine when sales were piling up with 800+ orders and waiting lists were blowing out to 12 months plus :frown: over $1000 better than the price from Lennock tho.. I'm not too phased tho.. I'm leasing mine.

She's on the Medea somewhere in the southern indian ocean... :thumbup:

As for the drive back, it's not necessary to drive it like a nanny and sit under 100kph.. My suggestion (and what I'm doing) is stay off the highway and drive it back using varied gears, load and revs. Breaking in engines isn't a crucial now as it was back in the old days. They're apparently redlined at the factory for a while (not sure how true that is) so as long as you've let it warm up well, there shouldn't be any problems with getting a bit spirited. bear in mind that the rest of the car has to "bed in" too, like the brakes and gearbox etc. I'm picking mine up in Sydney and driving it south to Batemans bay then up the range to Canberra.. If you're picking yours up in Melbourne, i'd suggest taking some backroads as far as you can on the way back to Canberra so it's not just sitting on 110 in 6th with no load for 8 hrs straight on the hume. The best bet is a nice variety of revs, throttle positions, gears and load (high gears up moderate slopes)

As for the 18's, they're not available in Australia (and I think they're called "Detroit" here too..) A guy on the 'tex ordered a set in from Hong Kong a few months back.. Pretty sure it cost in excess of $4000.

Welcome to the forum too :thumbsup:

Last edited:

malkatraz

Touring Car Newbie
Hey there Kirium, I've now seen a red GTi floating around Canberra as well. It's not the demo car from Lennock so not sure who owns it. That, and the black one are all I've seen here - but soon there'll be two white ones as well :)

$47k, eh? I was originally quoted $49k but worked it down & had tinting thrown in as well. Happy daze.

By the way - I replied to your 'What are you listening to?' thread with a couple of my own mixes.

Kirium

Go Kart Champion
I've seen 1 other candy white around town. I'm pretty sure theres 2 tho.

I've also seen 2 black (1 belongs to Karl from the OzAudi), 2 red ones (1 parks near my girlfriends work) and 1 shadow blue.

Mine is under $45k from the dealer, but stamp duty and rego will put it up to about $47k i think. perhaps $46k and a bit... I know the dealer is throwing in a few extras tho like some wine, full tank of Ultimate and hopefully a GTI fleece...

malkatraz

Touring Car Newbie
Sweet. I'm going to have to call on that full tank. Nice work on the fleece and wine as well.

Must have my eyes closed (I work in Woden - live in Lyneham) as I haven't seen all these GTi's around. Definitely would've noticed the shadow blue.

SSS_Hoon

Touring Car Champion
Car(s)
Nissan Pulsar SSS
the 18 we get out here are the karthoun ones and if u dont order them with your car then VW cannot get them for you, eventually u will be able to though i assume once demand drops.

we got a candy white dsg no other options drive away, tint and protection(not from the dealer though) for 43k i think there abouts anyway that wasd 20000k ago though damm time flies.

SSS_Hoon

malkatraz

Touring Car Newbie
FUEL CONSUMPTION

Can someone please confirm... from reading other threads here it appears we get 6.59203978 litres per 100 kms... is this correct? Is it city or highway?

This is based on 500miles per 14gallons which is touted throughout other threads on this site.

Cheers.

(the waiting's the hard part... finding it difficult to sleep).