GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

3Werks (In NC)

agpatel

Touring Car Champion
Car(s)
2006 GTI MkV
Hey,

So i am looking into lowering my car and looking for shops to do the install and i have found one place called 3werks (http://www.3werks.com/) its in Raleigh, NC. They charging $250 if you bring them the springs, and $200 if you get it from them. I just want to know what you think of the shop and if anyone else can recomend a shop around the Raleigh, Greensboro area.

Thanks!

danger dan

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
gti
never heard of them but they seem pretty reputable, im sure they would know how to do springs so give it a shot, let us know about the experience.

im sure someone from the raleigh area can really tell you about them though.

agpatel

Touring Car Champion
Car(s)
2006 GTI MkV
Well i know they have done some MKV as one of the owners i think has a GLI and offered me a ride in it to see if i want the spring he has in his and he goes to the meets in raleigh i think, just wanted to see other peoples opinion on him, i think i am gonna go w/ them in a few weeks once i get the money

Car(s)
'06 GTI
There's a service tech at Keffer VW named Phil that claims he can install all 4 in an hour. So I'm assuming he'd charge an hour's worth of labor or something along those lines. He has a GTI himself. Definitely worth it if you don't mind the drive to Huntersville.

UnitedGTI

Runs With Scissors
there is also apex tuning who carries all H&R products along with a few other companies, they have good prices and good products, i get all my stuff through them but thats partly because of the "sponsership" prices!

agpatel

Touring Car Champion
Car(s)
2006 GTI MkV
Well apex got a install price of 300, and 3Werks said 200....so just wanted to see if they were any good....

Ballinfrogs

Go Kart Champion
200 aint bad...im getting it done for 150..soo...not too bad

Understeer'd

Ready to race!
Car(s)
'07 VW Golf (BPY)
I can't believe I've never heard of these guys. Do they have an actual shop? It looks like they may doing it out of a garage or something (nothing wrong with that).

What does Black Forest want for the job? I would get them to do it, esp if they offer a decent price. (BFI bump.)

Better still, borrow spring compressors for free from Autozone take the three hours to read and do it yourself (you may have to go to the one in Apex, around campus the stores either don't have them or they're always checked out, call around), muscle it and feel like a superhero afterwards.

I personally know the 3werks guys, and I'll vouch for them... they are a good group of guys, the owners all are in VAG vehicles.. an R32, a MKV GLI, and a B6 S4... the springs that you are talking about are most likely the autotech springs, and I must say, they don't look bad or ride bad at all...

I'll find a pic of them on Jer's GLI, but I can also vouch for BFI considering that they did my spring install for me with SPAX springs...BFI is also a great place to go to, they will make sure the job is done right, and if you have any issues, just call them up and talk to them, they are more than happy to remedy any and all issues that you might have, they've been more than plenty help for all the questions I had

Here's a picture of both the cars.. mine is the golf with the SPAX springs from BFI and the GLI is the autotech springs from 3werks

For fun: the red one is the S4

dbduke

Go Kart Champion
bumping an ancient thread here. the 3werks guys just did a suspension install and apr flash for me today. no bullshit, great price and their work looks solid. highly recommended.